threads
Page 4 of 9
Full Size Truckin General \  Fiction Fabrication's "Bridgett" 13 week SEMA rebuild

Fiction Fabrication's "Bridgett" 13 week SEMA rebuild

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 5883
replies 82
following 25

still_2_hi   +1y
Thats too bad it didnt make it to SEMA, but hey better than having a rushed paint job that you arent happy with at least it willl be done on a proper time line
laidoutvideo   +1y
Well i am still currently awaiting the return of Bridgett from the Painters Shak. But, i thought i would atleast post a pic of the packages i received yesterday. I will be posting motor updates as we will be working on it alot in the next couple weeks.
post photo
post photo
post photo
jspotmcd   +1y
looks sick bro.. cant wait to see the finished product.. top notch stuff homie!!!
laidoutvideo   +1y
Well daniel aka "fat guy little coat customs" our shop mechanic stopped by disassembled the top of my original engine. It was incredibly dirty inside and out. After seeing the inside of the motor for the first time it makes me glad that we pulled her apart when we did. No telling how long that original motor would've lasted. Pic of intake manifold prior to cleaning

Pic after cleaning. (still cant decide if i should send out manifold, water neck and EGR base to polish) what you guys think? Im thinking after we add the oil fill caps and vent holes the valve covers should be powdered candy blue. Opinions on this?
post photo
post photo
lmdguy   +1y
Powder coat! It will look better longer
tattedfordguy   +1y
Looks awsome cant wait to see the finished truck
laidoutvideo   +1y
I like the idea of powder coating it. I'll just have to really stress to the coater how meticulous he'll have to be when masking it off. then i could do the water neck also. we made up some aluminum radiator hoses before we disassembled the truck for paint and those will be polished and the inner fender piece is aluminum and it will be polished, the truck will definitely have alot of shine under the hood. I intended on powder coating the frame, core support, valve covers, pullies and any other odds and ends off the motor. ill prolly have to flip a coin on the intake. i know polish wont stay perfect for long but it will always look better than just the raw cast aluminum and occasional hand polishing will help keep it's shine also. I just dont know if i truck a powdercoater with something that requires that much critical masking.
laidoutvideo   +1y
so i guess i would clue everyone in on the status of Bridgett. She has been sitting in my enclosed trailer for a few weeks now. just sitting. basically same thing she'd been doing for 6 months anyways. She now has a new place she will be going to for the paint. Here are a couple pics from picking her up. With all the time that has passed by and nothing to waste money on i purchased some goodies for the motor. comp cams; camshaft, roller rockers, valve springs and chromoly pushrods. Ill post updates on her as they become available.
post photo
post photo
post photo
baggedmitsu   +1y
I hope your new painter pulls through for you!
laidoutvideo   +1y
thank you ernie, i have faith in the new painter. Price is a bit more than i had budgeted originally for paint but oh well. Atleast it will be local and i have my faith restored in the project again. Just ready for it to be painted so the rest can go together. have so many parts ready for this thing. Also the powdercoater is ready for all of the suspension and frame. Ill be taking the build slow and keeping her under wraps until the most opportune time to unleash her.

Also i believe it was your brown mitsu that i saw a picture of wrecked. i am sorry to see that. i know it's a fear in the back of everyones minds when driving their trucks around. Hopefully it's all fixable. Bridgett was rear ended years ago, i was stopped at a light and an explorer hit me doing 40mph.