Build-Ups General Discussions
views 7951
replies 86
following 23

ven   +1y
This is one Rude Stude, Love it man!
FXDGRND   +1y
After the bed was pulled this is what we saw

We had to do some welding on the existing notch.

The guys at the shop getting down. Grinding, Welding and hardware installing

New mounts and crossbar in. Time for Paint and rerun the electrical / air lines

The current setup. Hopefully be 4 linked soon. New upper and lower bag mounts.

Loaded and ready for Bring the Noize

The truck will be going back for a more suspension work in the future.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
FXDGRND   +1y
Thanks for all the comments at Bring the Noize. Made the effort to get it out there worth it.

SoCalCustoms shot from show day

Truckrun from Rollin Night

More to come as it moves along
post photo
post photo
Devs93   +1y
thats one of the coolest looking trucks Ive seen! I love that style
FXDGRND   +1y
Thanks. for the comments.

I've decided to go with the stock side glass with the wing windows. 'Daddy why doesn't my truck have any side windows.' will no longer be heard soon. Those parts are on the way. It will be manual for now then changed out to a power setup when the right kit is found.

Still working out some of the suspension details so it will be done when the final decision is made instead of redoing everything again and again. Right now from a roll its a blast.

But I did get the rubber pad on the brake pedal and cleaned up the chrome on the throttle.

And of course I want to thank the companies that have helped with the project so far. Brad at Intense Kustum, Marc at Voodoo Kustum, Paul Currie, Eric at Eric Scarlett Designs.

post photo
itdontstop0824   +1y
Soooo different i love it.
FXDGRND   +1y
Edited: 5/20/2012 9:45:20 PM by FXDGRND

Doing some minor fixes until the serious rearranging starts in 2 weeks.

Interior

Added the window crank. I picked up some aluminum pull handles to use for now until I make some armrests

Picked up 'all' the mechanical for the side glass. Both side main glass broken beyond use. One wing window missing. But at least I got the stainless pieces and frames so install new glass and pick up a flat window power kit from Autoloc with their sweet actuator that uses a factory window crank handle

One of the marker lights was cracked. Turns out they are off a GMC. Little ebay action later. New lenses, glass and painted the main housing chrome so it looks better

Underhood. The underside of the hood had to be cleaned up. So decided to pull the hood today.

Some sanding, acid rub and wash

rust coverter paint and good to go.

The rear suspension will be 4 link with an all new aluminum Watt's Link. The watts is almost done at the machinist Here's a shot of part of the main brace.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
ven   +1y
Edited: 5/25/2012 9:43:02 AM by ven

Nice progress, I really like Old STudes. I got to tour the old factory a few years back during one of the Studebaker national meets in Southbend Indiana with a good friend who has a huge collection of Studes. Awesome rides, Studebaker was soo ahead of their time. Keep up with the progress!

Heres a cool pic of the Bendix woods near the old STudebaker proving grounds. We actually did some off road driving around every one of those letters...lol Good times!
post photo
FXDGRND   +1y
Nice Pic.

Updates

Finishing up the proposal for it and cleaning up the firewall. Amazing what moving some airlines and wires can do.

post photo
tattedfordguy   +1y
This is a bad ass ride, Have you seen the one on the HAMB where they did a 50 mercury sheet metal conversion? Its sick and looks factory on the truck...