Page 4 of 9
Build-Ups \  1952 Studebaker Pickup Build

1952 Studebaker Pickup Build

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 7952
replies 86
following 23

FXDGRND   +1y
New Master Cylinder with ports on the end side to relocate the brake lines.

The radiator was a floating one. Just used the horns and grille to hold it in. Time for some mounts and caps on those holes.

Front horns capped. Brackets added for radiator. Also added a Long water pump setup to move the power steering pump up to clear the steering box.

Driver side area had many cuts I'm guessing to clear to clear the radiator drain. Definite fun making the pieces to fill it all in.

Simple upper bracket to complete the radiator setup.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
FXDGRND   +1y
Some updates:New Stainless Upper and lower radiator hoses.

New Aluminum Alternator and power steering bracketsSmaller belts to pull in accessoriesSteel braided return lines

Truck now has power steering and hydroboost power brakes. Power steering pump is the correct type with two return ports so you don't need a T fitting.

More to come. Next up rear end replacement and 4 link.

post photo
post photo
post photo
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
what rear end does it have in it right now?

Taylor
FXDGRND   +1y
It's got a 70's camaro. One of the bearing is toast. Nice howl and axle grease does wonders on primer. Going to have a 90's blazer with 3.42 gears, disc brakes and limited slip dif. It will also pull in the tires so they match up better in front.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Nice! that will be a good swap.

Taylor
FXDGRND   +1y
Some updates on the truck

I put in the new rear end. 94 S10 blazer 2wd. The factory blazer bumpstops are holding up the back in the first picture.

After some love from the sawzall

The factory rear end brake lines need to be slightly moved for the lower bag mounts. The line on the chassis was shortened and reflared. The Camaro drive-shaft in the truck has smaller u-joints so I had to use the cups off an s10 u-joint so the drive-shaft would work with the new rear end. Truck now has 4 wheel disc, Limited slip rear. Front and rear track matches now.

Thanks to Brad @ http://intensekustum.com for the flaring tool and finding the rear end for a great price.

Also Cleaned up wiring in the engine compartment with some distribution blocks. More to come. Truck should be at Bring the Noize 2012 in a few weeks. Come and check it out.
tre5   +1y
I was going to ask if I was going to see this bad boy at the show, but you already answered that. Looking good Jim!
mjavy7   +1y
I like it.
FXDGRND   +1y
Took it out for a cruise with the kids today. Had to add some safety devices so the wife wouldn't beat me. Plus one of the kids is very safety conscious.Two of the belts are chrome latch deals you can get at any upholstery shop. The driver one is the lap belt from a 5 point DEIST setup that will eventually be installed.

Shot of it at the activity of the 50's night. They were nice enough to put safety cones around it.

it was about 26 miles of fun. I need to find an 4.3 s10 drive shaft to get rid of a vibration. 4 link is still a priority in the game. Even had the man drive up next to me smile and keep rolling. The hydroboost and power steering made the drive very easy. Definitely going to do it on future projects.

Truck should be getting trailered to Bring the Noize 2012 next weekend. So come on by and check it out

FXDGRND   +1y
Forgot to mention.

Big Thanks to Brad Haber of Intense Kustum http://www.IntenseKustum.com for the flaring tools and help with parts, tracking down a rear end, etc. AVS through Brad for a great deal on the 4 link that will be going in.