Page 3 of 9
Build-Ups \  1952 Studebaker Pickup Build

1952 Studebaker Pickup Build

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 7949
replies 86
following 23

ElCadillacKid   +1y
nice! is that a cassette deck? what is the length on the shifter? looking forward to more pics!
FXDGRND   +1y
It's a cassette. Haven't gotten around to wiring it up to see if it starts smoking.

It's an auto. The Lokar shifter doesn't need a whole lot of movement to switch gears.

Thanks. Working out some ideas for the rear end. Might just do a T-bird IRS I have sitting around. Just need to see if it will handle the power.
ElCadillacKid   +1y
keep the tape deck just for shits and giggles. have you considered giving it a chop?
FXDGRND   +1y
Edited: 7/7/2011 7:48:47 PM by FXDGRND

It's just about right on the inside right now. I already have people doing 'nice chop'. If the deck works I've got plenty of cassettes for it.

On the body its clean up the body and make a piece to tie the bullets together. Most metal work I'm planning on is redoing the engine compartment and underhood support. Clean everything up paint and detail it. Trying to keep it driving so it doesn't derail.
FXDGRND   +1y

Mocked up the hydroboost unit. It's going to have to move over to clear the tires enough.
post photo
post photo
FXDGRND   +1y

Putting on the new March Valve covers. Just need to track down some breathers for them.

Hydroboost and Master will need to move over. The plating and moving will be done soon.
post photo
dragginbonez   +1y
Fuckin A.
These trucks are perfect for this treatment, the booty round panels really swit the ground scraper stance.
About the fins, i think they are kool, its the tailgate that breaks them up and makes it all "weird". Hope i made myself clear.
Kant wait to c more.
FXDGRND   +1y
Some minor work today.

The whole brake assembly pedal and firewall mount will need to be moved to clear the tires and let the truck drive super low with steering.Existing assembly

Astro upper assembly ready for welding to the s-10 lower pedal. The astro was angled the wrong way so I had to use this process to angle it the right way.

All welded, ground and painted up. Next up firewall cutting and welding.

post photo
post photo
post photo
FXDGRND   +1y
Moved the Hydroboost and Master over today.Put in the new pedal setup. Getting closer to back on the road again.

FXDGRND   +1y
Hydroboost hooked up. Plated in unused factory holes and a few gaps in the firewall.

Before. Pulled up the carpet to find some surprises.I'm guessing this is where the old pedals column and shifter came through the floor.

Welded in some patch panels and sealed the edges.

Interior all back together. All gauges back up and wires hidden. So at least the interior is ready to go.

Next up a new disc rear end with 3.73 posi.