F150 by Tre5 Customs

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 11171
replies 162
following 58

AFTBigRob   +1y
Loving me some Fords..........
tre5   +1y
Holy crap I worked on a Sunday... kinda. I pulled the fenders and cleared out the inner fender wells, then got the explorer booster fit into the truck.
post photo
tre5   +1y
Got all the stock mounts off the front frame and then welded on the new raised upper mounts from Michigan Metal Works. Hopefully my reamer will get here tomorrow so I can get the spindles on and get the bag mounts welded on then figure out the shock mounts.
post photo
post photo
post photo
Jaylee   +1y
Post some pics of the shock mount once you get em made. I have the exact same front end from MMW waiting to be installed. My lowers didn't come with a slot for the bag bolts. Easy fix.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Normally I dont like to include the lower bag mount slot in the arm on vehicles that require you to locate the upper bag mount on the vehicle, just because simply, everybody is different on where they mount it, and if they all ready have their upper bag mount in place, and my hole dosent line up with it.... it can be a pain in the ass lol. Coil spring pocket GM trucks are easy to put it on because the bag is in the same place each time.

but, After hearing back from a dozen or so customers with the f150 arms, i got a unanimous location that everyone seems to place that lower bag mount, so i started adding it. If you shoot me an email i can give you the dimensions if you want, but if you all ready have bag mounts on the truck, then it might not line up, so it would be easier to drill the hole seperate.

tre5   +1y
Yeah, the shock mounts may be a pain. Not sure yet. The arm follows the bag pretty tight on the rear of the arm. I may have to come off the bottom or something. Still not sure. I will be sure to post pics when I get them done. These arms are really nice, everything lined up perfectly and fell right into place. I am going to try and finish up the rear end today, then onto finishing up the front.
98FRMED150   +1y
is it me or the uppers on the wrong sides? or you did this on purpose to keep the wheels off the firewall? doesn't this screw up the caster big time?
NaviGangsta   +1y
I have my stock uppers on the wrong sides. still pointing down. and raised up a few inches. Keeps the tire off the firewall, and I got to use the stock booster.
It did throw the geometry off, but I had absolutely no problems with it.
tre5   +1y
Edited: 6/2/2011 10:11:57 PM by tre5

--------------------------------------------

98FRMED150 said:

is it me or the uppers on the wrong sides? or you did this on purpose to keep the wheels off the firewall? doesn't this screw up the caster big time?

--------------------------------------------

Alright, I swapped them to the other side and it does look like a better caster angle. Good catch!
djleighk15   +1y
Lookin good so far man.