Page 2 of 17
Build-Ups \  F150 by Tre5 Customs

F150 by Tre5 Customs

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 11157
replies 162
following 58

i8nt2lo   +1y
So you have the axle all the way up in the notch just to check for clearance on the driveshaft, right? Or is that where you'll have it set for the link bars? Just curious.
tre5   +1y
Just like all the other trucks I build, I drew everything up on the computer to cycle it. So I like to secure it at the top of the notch, which is a bit higher than it actually needs because I set it up for a 31" tall tire in case I ever go with 24's. Securing it at full bump makes it easy to clearance everything for the drive shaft and then setup the 4 link and bag mounts. I like to use the u bolts because it locks it in front to back and I can dial it in side to side and adjust the pinion angle before welding the 4 link brackets to the axle.
i8nt2lo   +1y
Gotcha. I just thought you always wanted the lower link bars level at ride height when setting up the 4 link, that's why I was asking. I noticed you didn't have it that way with the Blazer too, so I figured maybe you knew a different way. I've also been told that using the bottom of the stock frame as the ride height is a decent indicator. That's why I was thrown off by the rear end all the way up in the notch. I would much rather to do the notch first and go the route you go if that would work out.
tre5   +1y
It depends on the setup you are doing, but usually they will be aimed up a tad at ride height. I try to aim them at the crank pulley bolt at ride height (without getting into the whole geometry thing again).
i8nt2lo   +1y
Hahaha....good, cuz I wasn't trying to go there. Regardless, your builds are dope. Plus I really respect what you're able to put out from your garage. Gives us garage ninjas something to shoot for. Thanks for the info man.
tre5   +1y
Thanks, I have a lot of tools in my garage (more than some shops, lol) and an awesome water jet cutter and machinist by my side. Wait till you see the parts for the rear end. I will be picking them up tomorrow. It makes things so much easier and cleaner to draw up all the tabs and have them cut. Then I just have to put it all together.
ptman2002   +1y
your work always seems to get better with everything you do. cant wait to see this one finished up.
fknlowjeep   +1y
can't wait to see more pics and progress on this one. Go Jeremy go
tre5   +1y
Most of the rear suspension pieces are cut
post photo
kingpin7714   +1y
One of my favorite things on this site is watching your builds! So awesome!