Page 4 of 6
Build-Ups \  Shop Truck - 1980 Toyota, from Bob Grant to Seth Bomar

Shop Truck - 1980 Toyota, from Bob Grant to Seth Bomar

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 4930
replies 52
following 26

TwistedMinis   +1y
I know, I haven't been on here much. Also haven't been doing as much mini truck type stuff in a while.

This is the other mini I am working on right now.

Wheels are perfectly centered, firewall wasn't trimmed in that side shot. I am building a floor and the front frame horns right now. Lots left to do on it though. Have to finish a stainless exhaust and clutch system on the VW first.
TwistedMinis   +1y
And the rear window was a joke, lol.
slamdtaco   +1y
Edited: 10/21/2011 10:52:29 PM by SLAMDTACO

if not minis, what have u been building? pics? pics of the vw?

congrats on the engagement
TwistedMinis   +1y
I've done some race car stuff, a mini cooper with a Honda motor, Porsche mid engine in a VW Double Cab. I just got internet at home, so I will post some pics soon.
xgolferdude   +1y
that vw is rediculous!!!!! watched the buildup on ur forum..... it ws just wow!!
TwistedMinis   +1y
Ok here is some of the VW stuff. It has a 944 transaxle, rear suspension, 911 motor, a bell housing I modified with 944 parts and from another model I do not remember. Bilstein coilovers, custom sub frame, bell crank in the rear, half of a roll cage, that he wanted to stiffen the chassis, more than for roll over protection. Some sacrifices had to be made in its design to accommodate rear passengers.

Cast aluminum sucks BTW.This joint sucked to weld, had to use two mirrors.Engine and rotated intake manifold.

Thats where I am at with it. I like the industrial/race/no frills style fab I am able to do on this thing. Its mostly purpose built.

Here are some of his pictures of stuff he made for it. He is a wood worker.Engine under there.Painted and fuel cell I modified.

There is still a lot on this I do not have pictures of. I replaced rockers, inner rockers, and several other panels. Did a lot of work to the floor, built many crossmembers, shortened the torque tube, etc. I have a lot of time in this thing so far.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
TooLowSdime   +1y
Hey seth going back to your truck where did you get those studs that weld off the bar like that? i could really use a set of those. it would look alot cleaner then what i've found so far. thanks.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I made those myself actually. Would be willing to make some more if you wanted.
TooLowSdime   +1y
that would be sweet. i'll shoot you a message.
TooLowSdime   +1y
i sent you a email at Seth@twistedminis.com