Page 3 of 6
Build-Ups \  Shop Truck - 1980 Toyota, from Bob Grant to Seth Bomar

Shop Truck - 1980 Toyota, from Bob Grant to Seth Bomar

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 4929
replies 52
following 26

TwistedMinis   +1y
I haven't finished the sway bar yet. And yes I made those shock mounts from scratch.
mjavy7   +1y
looking good!
TwistedMinis   +1y
So I have barely touched this thing in a long time. A few months ago I got a bug up my butt and did the exhaust.

Then we put the bed back on to gain a little room in the shop, and the truck became a storage container. But I love the way the tip looks with the bed on.

Last week, I got that bug again to mess with it, in the little spare time I have. I just moved too, so that ate up a lot of time. But I got the frame horns swapped back over to the stock ones and aligned the sheet metal, and adjusted the tilt on the bumper to my preference, so I took a camera pic.

Also picked up a few things for it. I got an automatic transmission, a stand alone ECU for it, an aluminum radiator, and a big shiny transmission cooler to go right behind the grill. Going to do an automatic swap, and looking to do a little to the motor at the same time. A scratch built header may be in its future at some point soon, but only time will tell.

I'm hoping to actually get it running and driving sometime soon. Wish me luck...
cookiemonster13   +1y
so what auto are you running that you need a computer? are you putting a 700r4 in it or something?
Evil s10   +1y
amazing work
ven   +1y
Nice clean work and not overdone, keep it up Seth looks killer.
laidout94toy   +1y
Cool Seth,
You must be busy cause I haven't seen you post in a while.
bagdb2200   +1y
--------------------------------------------

cookiemonster13 said:

so what auto are you running that you need a computer? are you putting a 700r4 in it or something?

700r4s don't use a computer.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Thanks guys.

I am using a Toyota A340E out of a 2WD 22RTE truck. Same transmission that came in Supra's for a while, but this one has a 22R bell housing on it already. The ones that use a "kick down cable" to control line pressure can be completely controlled by a few aftermarket shift controllers. I chose the Suprastick V2, because it was designed to work specifically with this transmission, and will not be a lot of work to adapt. I just need to ad a TPS to the carb, and wire it up. Everything else I need is there. I got a stock shifter today out of an 85 motor home, so that I can retain the stock ish looking interior I want so badly.

laidout94toy said:

Cool Seth, You must be busy cause I haven't seen you post in a while.

I've been busy with a lot of stuff lately. Building a Mighty Max with a lot of work in it, the VW Double Cab is back again, and many small projects. And on top of that, I just moved into a new place, and have a fiance now. So, busy I have been. My mom also started a bakery, and I get to help with that pretty often too. I haven't had a day off in a while, until I got sick this week. Then I just had to.

So got my AFCO radiator. Polished B&M oil cooler will go in front of it.

Tried mocking the front end up nothing really fits. Think a bumper mount is bent, and I probably need an early core support to run round headlights. Some mounts for the bezels aren't there, they don't line up with anything, and the grill fits terrible. And its an OEM one.

So I think I will be waiting to build radiator mounts until I have that figured out...
tuckinlugs06   +1y
damn seth been a long ass time since seen anything from you !