Page 1 of 6
Build-Ups \  Shop Truck - 1980 Toyota, from Bob Grant to Seth Bomar

Shop Truck - 1980 Toyota, from Bob Grant to Seth Bomar

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 4863
replies 52
following 26

TwistedMinis   +1y
So I picked this truck up about 6 weeks ago from Bob Grant. Original plan was just to slap it together and drive it. Thats still basically the plan, but as always I tend to let things get a little out of hand.

I bought a bare 89 clip from Pick-N-Pull, and some used drop spindles.

Kinda jumping around a bit on it. Clip was narrowed.

Just trying to keep it clean and simple.
98dakota20   +1y
looks real good man. i have not seen you posting much on here lately. do you still make and sell a lot of parts for toys?
TwistedMinis   +1y
I dont get on here much.

I still sell arms and transmission cross members. Redesigning my arms right now to make them a bit more cost effective and include cross shafts with them.
98dakota20   +1y
i cant see what you did to the cross member to lower the motor, but i cant tell what you did to the motor mounts. can you explaine it a lil please.
xgolferdude   +1y
looks super good seth.. how are you gunna mount up that sway bar.. an dwhere are you gunna mount up the shocks in front?
TwistedMinis   +1y
Edited: 3/13/2011 5:28:34 PM by TwistedMinis

I made a fixture, cut them off the frame and dropped them down.

I assume you mean the front sway bar since the rear is mounted. I am going to build arms for it, shocks will go in the traditional location. Going to be a tight fit, want to fit limit straps on each corner as well.
98dakota20   +1y
okay, i get it now. thanks man.
nc dragger   +1y
--------------------------------------------

TwistedMinis said:

I dont get on here much.

I still sell arms and transmission cross members. Redesigning my arms right now to make them a bit more cost effective and include cross shafts with them.

--------------------------------------------

what kinda of pricing on some uppers and lowers for a 87 model ? and glad to see your backfrom time to time.
drgnbdy   +1y
Just curious as to how much you had to narrow the front clip?
ChadCrissDesign   +1y
wow... this truck is the shiz!