threads
Page 4 of 6
Interior \  Now this is a full custom interior build...

Now this is a full custom interior build...

Interior Q & A
views 2855
replies 57
following 32

maztang (ryan)   +1y
--------------------------------------------

AVTekk said:

Looks really good, I was going to suggest those Autoloc door handles. What kind of machine do you use to install the rivits?

--------------------------------------------

Thanks. For the rivets it will reach I have a 3" deep pneumatic "A" Squeeze, for the rivets it won't reach I have a 3X rivet gun and a bucking bar. The "A" Squeeze is very expensive but when you do it in aviation for so long it makes your job very fast and the shop head always looks the same. Hopefully one day I will be able to get away from my day to day job and be able to do this full time. That is probably a few years down the road but it sure would be nice! I love working aviation but this is a lot less stressful hahaha.
mjavy7   +1y
WOW!
This some sick work you are doing!!!
This looks awsome I can pictute this door panel just like it is on my dream truck just with a different speker (or a grill that looks more industrial). you are doing a killer job keep it up!
If you hoop uk with tre5 you guys on the same team can make a killer SEMA quality ride.
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Thanks for the badass compliment boss! It really means a lot! Here is an update, finally got started on the center console tonight. I went and picked up a 30" 3 in 1 shear brake and roll today when I got off work. Not really what I want but it works for my budget right now. I would really like to have at least a 4 foot long shear brake and roll, all in due time I guess. Onto the pic of the night hahaha.
pmiller   +1y
Post some pics of the tools you're using and just bought. I want to teach myself this.
maztang (ryan)   +1y
pmiller...I can post up pics a little later, gotta take a few of what all I use but just to give you a heads up, unless you plan on going all out and either doing this for a living or doing aviation for a living it is going to get very expensive very quick. Over the last 12 years I have been doing this I have acquired roughly about 40-50k in tools and I don't even have the big stuff yet. Now you can do it for way cheaper with off brand tools and get a basic sheetmetal kit and then buy all the specialty tools but it will take longer to do the work and you still have to account for material costs and trial and error on that. I will get some pics up for you though boss.

Here is an update on the center console, hope to have it finished this week sometime.

Ray_Ray   +1y
Very nice bro. I really like that look. Console looks killer.
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Thanks man.

Here it is almost completed. Need the truck to finish it off.

astromanwes   +1y
Simply awesome!! Love it! Can't wait till we get to see it in the truck!!
Ray_Ray   +1y
Looks great! Wanna build some door panels for a silverado? ;-)
draggin79   +1y
wow so clean man. always wanted to learn how to work with sheetmetal