Page 4 of 31
Build-Ups \  "this may take a while" Tre5 Customs 72 Blazer Roadster

"this may take a while" Tre5 Customs 72 Blazer Roadster

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 16567
replies 301
following 113

tre5   +1y
I had to change it up a bit. I am going to do 4 seats, so I changed the frame and link setup to allow for about 20" of the factory floor (measured from the rise behind the front seats) to stay intact. I am also planning on mounting the bags on top of the axle, so I made the bars a bit more parrallel to get rid of some of the pinion change. It now has 3 degrees of movement throughout 10" of travel. I made the bars as long as I could to cut down on forward swing, but I am still getting about 1/2" with this setup.Here's a pic of the frame layed on top of the factory dimensions. I have the body mounts 2" lower than factory for a 2" "stock floor" body drop. I can always adjust them to make it right (and keep the front tires off the hood).
post photo
post photo
Cosa Nostra   +1y
why bags????thats dissapointing..gonna be tight regardless..be way cooler as a bodied juiced chevy roadster then a bagged one..theres all kinds...least we know itll be badass regardless
mjavy7   +1y
Cant wait to see this unfold, I thought you were anti-bags.
regardless I still think you have what it take to make this a cover page roadster!
Good Luck!

BTW
What software did you use for the suspension drawing?
ga,mazduh   +1y
man thats just enuff pix and info to get me hooked on this build..... on with the build i cant wait to see it finished
e10pvmt   +1y
where did you get the frame schematic and can you get them for any make and model?
tre5   +1y
I used AutoCAD to draw up the frame. I found the scematic by searching on google. It came from the 67-72chevy forum. Someone had posted it there. I just imported it into CAD and scaled it to size.
tre5   +1y
dropped the truck off at the blaster today! Hopefully it doesn't come back too bad.
post photo
tripleplay   +1y
is the top for sale?
tre5   +1y
Edited: 12/9/2010 10:54:31 PM by tre5

already gone. It was trashed.
Uncle Fester   +1y
That your Titan? Dont remember it being lowered with wheels? Cant wait to see what TRE5 has in store for this. Keep up the great work.