Page 3 of 3
Body work and Paint \  Custom Paint Idea

Custom Paint Idea

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 1647
replies 29
following 17

mafiacustomz   +1y
i just think silver base and barndywine is to bright what about a metallic red with brandywine and dump some flake in the red with black airbrushing that might be a dark rich red and a nice flake
mafiacustomz   +1y
i guess i could paint it metallic silver with dark metallic silver airbrushing with alot of flake if i can spray flake in a airbrush and i guess the more coats of brandywine the darker the red will get
zrdkustoms   +1y
flake + airbrush = bad idea!
milkshake   +1y
ice pearl has an awesome gleam to it but that stuff is expensive as FARK
lilbuddha   +1y
ive never seen flake sprayed in a air brush gun, honestly doubt it would work at all
i have a flake buster gun for spraying flake, if you only want it in certain areas tape that area off then just pound on the clear after so you can wetsand it down so you dont have a huge ridge
AZ ARTWORX   +1y
--------------------------------------------

ZRDKustoms said:

+1 very bad idea, might as well put black over ur airbrushin.....seen it so many times looks like poop. now the guy with the iced pearl idea would be cool....or step: black+silver flake+clear+sand+airbrush+silver iced pearl+ kandy+clear= bad ass.......but what do i know lol
sik_kreations   +1y
Edited: 11/23/2010 3:31:48 PM by sik_kreations

i like airbrushing over flake, its like airbrushing over a coarse ass silver and then some.... but i wouldnt airbrush a ton of white over silver or flake, and put candy red. it can look a little on the pink side.. esp. down the road when it fades. and i hate white over silver, looks blotchy.

fyi... ice pearl is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper then doing a flake job. the jars depending on brand are 50-80 bucks and one will do a whole vehicle easy, plus u dont need multiple clear session to completely bury like a flake job.
crewcabondubs   +1y
why not do a dark red base with silver flake and brandywine on that.
decivic   +1y
Edited: 11/23/2010 8:35:56 PM by decivic

ZRDKustoms said:

why? i have both on my car and its sick as fuck! pics of it was in the lost cause write up in mini truckin:XL:
sik_kreations   +1y

decivic said:

Edited: 11/23/2010 8:35:56 PM by decivic

ZRDKustoms said:

why? i have both on my car and its sick as fuck! pics of it was in the lost cause write up in mini truckin:XL:

the assume it wont work or wont look good. too me its no different then airbrushing black over silver and candying that.