Page 2 of 3
Body work and Paint \  Custom Paint Idea

Custom Paint Idea

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 1646
replies 29
following 17

mafiacustomz   +1y
im thinking a black base a red flake with brandywine candy now i was looking online and it says to base thin mix flake in clear and spray that befor the candy do they mean a nonpigmented base or a clearcoat i hope its not clearcoat. I was looking at a .004 flake from paint with pearl but the pics look like big flake i will look around.
nissandoordragger   +1y
yes you base it black then mix the flake in a intercoat clear then clear it then id sand it flat then kandy it then clear again and a red flake would relly be a waste being you kandying it with brandywine id just use a silver flake it would be cheaper also
mafiacustomz   +1y
ok black base intercoat silver flake brandywine candy now if i can find out how to get that airbrushing in their if i base airbrush thin flake you wouldnt see the airbrush thin i realy want some airbrushing in that paint its alittle plan with no airbrushing
nissandoordragger   +1y
depends how how heavey you want it flaked if you do 1 or 2 light coats and not completly cover the black with flake then yes you can see the airbrushing under it
mafiacustomz   +1y
are you a pro painter i want to see some pics if you are
nissandoordragger   +1y
but then again i for some reason just realized you want a black base and if you kandy over black it will still be black so all you would see is the air brushing and flake in brandywine the rest woould be black so you would have to use a silver or maybe a gold base fo the kandy to really show up
mafiacustomz   +1y
no your wrong on that this is brandywine over black http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzT6Wnb_5vI but i cant find any airbrushing with brandywine
nissandoordragger   +1y
Edited: 11/20/2010 9:05:57 PM by nissandoordragger

actually your very wrong thats brandywine over house of kolor nova orange

and after reading some more on it he says its a kbc witch is a kandy base coat and is not an actuall kandy its the easier version of a kandy but i feel its a knock off kandy job
mafiacustomz   +1y
sorry about that here is a brandy over black your right just looks black with dark dark red i want it about a burgundy like this i like it dark but still red http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/eventcoverage/135_0410_west_coast_kustoms_cruisin_nationals/photo_11.html
nissandoordragger   +1y
im not convenced thats over black ether and the only way to get it to show up would be to use a mettalic black or add lots of flake like your wanting other wise it will be black