Page 1 of 3
Body work and Paint \  Custom Paint Idea

Custom Paint Idea

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 1628
replies 29
following 17

mafiacustomz   +1y
I have a 1991 caprice classic what i wan to do is a black base with some color of metal flake with white airbrushing with silver metal flake and and spray brandywine kandy thin clear. I dont know if you can airbrush metal flake and i dont know what size flake or if them colors will pop with out looking like a big metal flake base. The paint is very complicated and i want to try it all myself but im not a painter by far i only paint 1 car a 69 lemans and im still trying to get it perfect but thats a 5-10 grand paint at a place that could do it. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of flake, color, or size of flake to use with black and with the white anyone have some pics they and post for some home shots or some sweet works.
lilbuddha   +1y
honestly cans of flake are cheap, like 20$ for a can big enough for a car, so buy a bunch of different flake and do spray out cards,
everyone has different thoughts on what will look good,
like i already have the paint for my b2200 and done a bunch of spray outs, so im doing a none cleared charcoal with a white roof and translucent green flake from house of kolor, not choice most would like but its what i like,
look at house of kolor they show flakes might give you a idea
nissandoordragger   +1y
any color flake over black is going to pop and white airbrushing on top of flake is goint to look muddy and nasty and brandy wine is one of the harder kandys to shoot and if your not a well exsperenced painter youll never get it right pay a pro to do it right thats why we have jobs
mafiacustomz   +1y
the white airbrush under the candy will ghost thats what i want ghost our should i go darker like a dark gray or some outher dark color
lilbuddha   +1y
do test panels,
and you should do alot of test panels if your unexperienced with candy,
mafiacustomz   +1y
i guess i need to get alot of candy and a bunch of pints of other colors and alot of flake
nissandoordragger   +1y
are you wanting it solid flake? if so its gonna be tough to ghost anything over the flake but if your just wanting the sparkle and not 100% coverd then you could ghost in some graphics but i wouldnt use while id use a mix of black and white and make a charcoal do the air brushing high light and low light it then flake the car then kandy it
mafiacustomz   +1y
not a big flake just want it to glitter and catch the eye
mafiacustomz   +1y
im looking for that flake thats like in the middle of a stock car with flake and a lowrider with heavy flake
nissandoordragger   +1y
sounds to me like you want mini flake