threads
Page 1 of 4
Body work and Paint \  Copied "paint" job...

Copied "paint" job...

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 3233
replies 37
following 32

DougyFrisch   +1y
Edited: 10/20/2010 3:17:45 PM by DougyFrisch

(I'm going to add to this original post for the people that are too lazy to read all the way through...)

It has be noted already that the same guy owns both trucks so there isn't exactly an issue of "so n so copied my paint job, boo hoo..." and i never intended to call anyone out for every paint job that's ever been inspired by another. Simply posted this for the fun factor that a vinyl shop WRAPPED a truck EXACTLY like his show truck which is PAINTED, AND posted the painted truck in their gallery like they did both of them...

So I came across a vinyl graphics shop that does some pretty clean work, and looky what I found in their gallery!

Link to gallery: http://100proofink.com/wordpress/?page_id=5

And wait a sec... what is THIS?... the show truck that was PAINTED, certainly not wrapped...
frankie   +1y
at least there honest?
KustomLife   +1y
as a painter you still find it neceassary to point this out? come on dougie
DougyFrisch   +1y
Necessary? nah, just got a kick that they "accidentally" uploaded it to their gallery... I'm all down for borrowing ideas and inspiration, but come on... Exact same colors, practically traced the flames, and the same skull in the same spot on the fender...
lowrthnu92   +1y
Edited: 10/19/2010 11:12:10 PM by lowrthnu92

That happened to Ernie awhile back, the rendering he had for the Raider...someone copied it and painted it on to a 88-98 chevy stepside iirc

this one

post photo
low82hilux   +1y
I've heard that both trucks are owned by the same guy. One is show one is for work. If you look at the 2nd to last pic you can see the hood of the chopped one in the back ground.
KustomLife   +1y
--------------------------------------------

project 77 k5 said:

I've heard that both trucks are owned by the same guy. One is show one is for work. If you look at the 2nd to last pic you can see the hood of the chopped one in the back ground.

--------------------------------------------

3rd pic shows the same in more detail
sideshizzle   +1y
I recall that happening with a certain rendering of a neon.
bukfidy   +1y
you cant copy yourself lol...the wrapped one is the hauler for the roadster one...same owner
retro dime   +1y
:ST: