Page 1 of 5
General Discussion \  Bikes

Bikes

General Discussion
views 6018
replies 40
following 16

getsum   +1y
Anyone else here into bikes? I drag race a street-legal (sorta) Suzuki. Anyone else into that?
lockone   +1y
We deal in street bikes and cruisers. More into the street/corner riding.
getsum   +1y
My bike gets street ridden sometimes, ideally I would have a 2nd bike set up for twisties but I want a truck more.
Couple pix of me having fun. It was a nitrous bike then, I'm in the middle of a turbo build, got pix of it if anyone's interested.
post photo
post photo
someotherguy   +1y
Funny coincidence I just made the 1st pass with my bike for the first time in almost 3 damn years, when I was running my shop last 2 years didn't have time to touch it at all, and before that I was doing 12 hour nights 7 nights a week stealin' cars...so this is how it sat all this time, unridden:

So anyway, a week or so ago I drained the old gas out, slapped a new battery and fresh gas in, and fired it up...

Got some parts in so tonight I slapped on the clutch cable, bracket, release arm on the trans, couple misc little items. Fired it up, made a 1st gear pass down the length of my shop and left a nice rear brake scratch at the end

Woulda got video of it but I didn't think to set the camera up. Will get one soon, maybe after I settle down from kicking myself stupid getting it started. Need to build the carb I'm sure.

Richard
Post was last edited on Oct 14, 2010 10:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
getsum   +1y
I'm digging that bobber.....
someotherguy   +1y
Thanks...it's a lot cleaner turnout than my last one which was a '78 Shovelhead engine & trans in a Paughco rigid frame, had a little bit of rake and little bit of extension, I'm over that. Sucks for turning and makes the bike too high off the ground. Also I guess I was going through a billet wheel phase and had installed some wheels that sort of matched the Boyd Fury's on my truck at the time.

Sold it about 5 years ago on ebay, dude that won it exports them to Japan. Checked his feedback and a whole page of it was nothing but him winning old Shovelhead choppers. Pretty crazy, can you imagine some lil Japanese dude trying to kick this thing to life, and riding it? My best guess is it's sitting in some rich guy's living room as an art installation...

Richard
getsum   +1y
I would have a bike display in the living room if A) I could afford it and B) my better half would allow it.....
liljlowrider   +1y
i used to alot of drag racing but now life is just in the way all the time to go...

i have a 96 zx9 with a muzzy big bore kit.... its a nitrous bike would love to run a turbo but i think im done sinking money into the bike... just bought a set of billet wheels for it so it can just look nicer in my garage... think i have put bout 2k miles on it in the last three years...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
getsum   +1y
Good lookin 9. Turbo isn't as hard and doesn't have to be as expensive as people think, there are ways to do it inexpensively. Nothing beats the whistle!! LOL
liljlowrider   +1y
here are a few more pics of my bike..... ive owned the bike for over 10 years and NEVER dropped it... was moving houses last month and was strapping it down in the trailer and the rachet on the strap broke and the bike fell over and bust up the paint pretty good and broke the exhaust off so now i gotta fix it and repaint it... i was so pissed

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo