Page 3 of 6
Hydraulic Suspensions \  S10 redo..... Tre5 Customs

S10 redo..... Tre5 Customs

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 3375
replies 58
following 30

jimmy726   +1y

your using the front hanger right? I know usually when doing a 2 link you try and go with the longest bars possible. How much pinion change are you getting out of he 2 link because i know the bars are short as hell?
tre5   +1y
Edited: 7/8/2010 11:33:10 PM by tre5

Center of the front hanger to the center of the axle is 25-3/4", not really short as hell. There is pinion changer for sure, but 4 degrees isn't enough for any concern. I usually buid 2-3 degrees on pinion change into my 3--4 links. Remember, pinion change is not a bad thing. You want the pinion to change throughout the travel, the way I think of it is you always want the pinion looking at the pivot point on the driveshaft. So as the truck lifts up the pinion needs to rotate upwards, and vise versa.
nissandoordragger   +1y

hmmm i think the first setup was better because it atleast had side to side movement and i hope he never trys the 3 wheel it and you can do a 3 link and keep the stock tank with out a priblim
tre5   +1y

I'm not sure what a priblim is. I knew that I was going to have to defend myself when I decided to do a 2 link... there are plenty of 2 link haters out there.
Marcos_65   +1y
I think he misspelled problem... Yeah, as long as the person who is driving the car/truck knows the limits of a 2 link they work great.
tre5   +1y

yeah, I got it... I was just being a smart ass. I need to stop that. Sorry. Like I said I expected the comments.

Uncle Fester   +1y
Great work as always Jeremy.  Cannot wait to see the finished product.
jimmy726   +1y

defiantly not hating dude just kind of assumed wrong. I like simple myself if it works and is safe thats all i need.
Just_Robert   +1y

I plan on taking a picture of my lower billet link bars mocked up in a 2-link just to fvck with people. There is nothing wrong with a 2-link, WHEN SET UP CORRECTLY. Keep up the great work Jeremy.
tre5   +1y
This truck is kicking my behind! It spent some time in New York, so every single bolt is rusted and doesn't want to come out. 5 hours to get one side of the front suspension R&R'd. Tomorrow I will get the other side done and the cylinder mounts in. Hopefully even the rear suspension will be wrapped up. The paint is drying right now.    

post photo
post photo