Page 1 of 6
Hydraulic Suspensions \  S10 redo..... Tre5 Customs

S10 redo..... Tre5 Customs

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 3365
replies 58
following 30

tre5   +1y
This one is a little different for me. He wants the rear notch and crossmember redone, new cylinder mounts all around (eliminating the coils), a new smooth sheetmetal bedfloor, 3 Kinetiks mounted inbetween the stock bedfloor and the new bedfloor, and some other cleaning up. The kicker for me that makes it different is that he doesn't want it to lay. I am going to put it about 1" away from laying the ground effects.
Anyway, here is how it looks now. This is all the way layed out with the current setup.

and the current setup in the bed

smctoy   +1y

interesting project!
mjavy7   +1y

He doesn't want it to lay?!?!?  Wow some people are just different.
Getbored Designs   +1y
maybe set it up to lay and put bump stops in so that it doesn't?? that way one day when he changes his mind u can take them out or adjust them.
tre5   +1y

^^^That's the beauty of the hydroholics cylinders... they are threaded, so if he ever changes his mind he won't have to change the mounts. He has some aftermarket arms that I am putting on up front and the rear bridge will be big enough, so all it will take is getting rid of or modifing the A/C box and adjusting the sleeves on the collars.

Bentlay   +1y

Any updates on this? I'm sure you are getting ready for the show, but where are the pix?
tre5   +1y
First day of work...  you can see the old bridge still on the driver's side and thew new one on the passanger side.   I made the new ones out of 3/16" plate that were CNC plasma cut (thanks Josh). I made them long enough to get rid of the existing notches. The old notches were a piece of 2X5 welded on top of the frame rails. The outside had a piece of 5/16" overlapping the joint... I am not sure if it was big enough LOL. Anyway, end of the day both notches are done.  

post photo
post photo
dailydraggn   +1y
those are pretty sweet.
dawgpimp   +1y
that new cnc plasma at JPT can cut out some cool shit.       
tacomaon24s   +1y

i guess they dont look that big on the truck haha. looks good get'r done