Page 3 of 6
Hydraulic Suspensions \  new Camaro... Tre5 Customs

new Camaro... Tre5 Customs

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 2551
replies 51
following 30

ImpOnAir   +1y
The biggest thing i always didn't like about what i saw in most peoples ride with hydros is the oil. Ive know a couple of people with hydros and they always had a mess with the oil. i know it depends on how sealed ur system is but if something does happen its gonna be a mess. Ya'll do some of the best damn work i have seen with hydros and i've been into the car scene since 94-95. All of ur rides i have seen u do on here has deff. made me want hydos that is for sure. But with air ride, if something leaks or busts, its just air.
Bentlay   +1y

Looks good Jeremy, cant wait to see it laid out and compare to the air.
driptruck   +1y
Thank you for the good info.  IMO most of the leaky setups I see are from bad installs.  I have had the same 4 pumps in my s10 going on 10 years nothing changed but the cylinder seals. 30k on the setup.  My SFBD B2000 has only gone through 1 bag (rock I think?).  Both are clean setups and I check and tighten or drain, just maintain them and they both work good.  Hydros are more fun to play with for me, and that is the bigest difference to me.   All your setups look great keep it up.
maztang (ryan)   +1y

Lookin badass Jeremy, keep us posted.
tre5   +1y
The rear of these cars suck to make right! But I finally got the rear cylinders in. Batteries are in also.   notice the cylinders coming through the floor right up against the batteries. I was trying to get them to stay under the trunk floor, but it just couldn't work that way.   Hardline is almost done also....  

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Bentlay   +1y

when are you going to post the up/down pix?

tre5   +1y

As soon as it's done, lol. This car is a whole lot more work than the average install. Also my plan is to get it going up and down before I start making any changes to get it lower. Looks like the only thing I will be doing is making a new upper arm in the rear. That should get it about 1-1/2" lower in the back.
THE_CRUCK   +1y

You don't need to make a new arm, just notch where it is hitting, box it in and your done. Also if it hasn't been done yet there are bolts that hang down below the inner plastic wells in the rear that need to be trimmed or dude will be poppin a tire.
dimentd   +1y
Edited: 6/25/2010 6:32:52 PM by dimentd

WOW! Looks awsome Jeremy...Christian should be happy!!!  
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by THE_CRUCKYou don't need to make a new arm, just notch where it is hitting, box it in and your done. Also if it hasn't been done yet there are bolts that hang down below the inner plastic wells in the rear that need to be trimmed or dude will be poppin a tire. ---------------------------------------------Don't take this the wrong way cruck, but I will do it my way. The car is in my garage, I am looking at it, working on it, and deciding what gets done. It needs a new arm. The arm bottoms out about 2" from the inside pivot... all the way to about 2" from the pivot at the spindle. Plus this car has 11" wide wheels on it and the rear tire is going to come into contact with the side of the wheel well instead of the top. So I am going to add a little length to the upper arm to change the camber as well.