new Camaro... Tre5 Customs

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 2549
replies 51
following 30

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
looks bad ass!  Taylor
lost cause   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by no1lowr---------------------------------------------Originally posted by LowLyfe83wow, thats a sweet ride.lookin forward to seeing your install. your work has given me a different perspective on juice. --------------------------------------------- my thoughts exactly.--------------------------------------------- ^^^Yeah your builds definitely shine a whole new light on Juice that's for sure...you do some awesome work bro
lukedogg   +1y

It's like every 3 days, there's a new Tre5 build beginning. Props to you Jeremy.Car is bad ass.  I wish I had the funds to buy a brand new car, bag it and then juice it...I'm jealous...lol....Looks great...
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
"Then I removed all the valves, compressors, and tanks from the trunk." Those words have a nice ring to it. Looks like the air trend is getting deflated...
tre5   +1y

This car is a 2SS, which I believe is a step above the grey one JPT did. Nothing major though... guages, headlights, little stuff like that. The battery is in the same spot as the rest of them, which is the spare tire well. I guess you will just have to wait and seee where everything goes...
tre5   +1y

and THANKS for all the compliments! These are the type of cars I really like to do, They don't take nearly as much out of you as the truck builds, lol.
tre5   +1y

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
driptruck   +1y

Nice work, very clean!  I am curious if you have a figure for how many miles you get out of the seals in the cylinders?  I know it does depend on how much you play with the switches, and over locking a regular hydraulic system causes early failure.  It seams most of your builds have accumulators (which I haven't used much) but I am impressed with the ride of those I have been in.  Just wondering how long they are good for.  5K 10K 20K 30K  Or have you not had to service any yet?    Just curious for future builds. Thanks.
tre5   +1y

MacPherson struts go through seals a little quicker... probably good for about 6 months. On a double wishbone (a-arm) style suspension they will last at least one year of constant driving. I have replaced seals as old as 2-1/2 years though (on a daily driver). It all depends on how you use them and how you drive.
tre5   +1y

I want to add..... One of the things that bothers me about people's bad perception of hydraulics is the maintenance aspect. I like to think about it this way: there are 2 things to hydraulics that need maintenance... seals and batteries. Here is my comparrison. Batteries, if you buy Kinetiks you will easily get 2-3 months before they need a charge. How hard is it to charge your batteries? Easy! Buy the $20 chargers from walmart and plug one into each battery when you go to sleep. Wake up in the morning and unplug. Done! That was hard. Seals, like stated above... at least 6 months until you are changing those. They are easy to do, see the frozen topic in the hydraulics section of this forum. After your first time doing them you will have it down. It shouldn't take you more than 2 hours to do. So here is my comparison...how often do you change your cars engine oil???????????? 3000 miles or 3 months. Even if you are running long life or synthetic you are still changing your oil every 5000 miles. Regular oil changes are$35-$60 depending on if you are doing it yourself or the oil you get. A complete seal kit is $30. Looks like having hydraulics is cheaper and easier than owning a car...................