Page 1 of 6
Hydraulic Suspensions \  new Camaro... Tre5 Customs

new Camaro... Tre5 Customs

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 2543
replies 51
following 30

tre5   +1y
Pulling the air ride out and putting in a Hydroholics 2 pump, 6 dump, 4 accumulators, and 4 Kinetik HC1800's. I took some before pics with the air ride to show the difference in lift and drop between the two different setups. I believe this is an Air Ride Technologies kit in the car now. I took it for a spin around the block and honestly, the car rides pretty good with the air setup but is a little stiff over the bigger bumps. It does make a lot of noise for an air kit though.
Anyways... I got a little done today on it. Switches are mounted in a piece I made that goes where the cup holders are. I don't normally like covering up the cup holders, but the owner insisted. I also got the switch wire and ground disconnect ran to the trunk. Then I removed all the valves, compressors, and tanks from the trunk. I have a few holes to fill before the Herculiner goes down.
On to the pics.

tre5   +1y

It's hard to tell in the pics, but the wheels are not quite tucking. Tires are, but not the wheels. We shall see how low it goes on juice.
Rob Clayhill   +1y

wow, thats a sweet ride.lookin forward to seeing your install. your work has given me a different perspective on juice.
THE_CRUCK   +1y

Lol, that's the same exact thing I did for the kid in Tucson. Made a cover for the cup holders and laid the 4 switches in a row. Made it out of plastic, looks factory in his.
low99maz   +1y
Damn son.......knockin em out. Can I come work with you for a week???????
post photo
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by THE_CRUCKLol, that's the same exact thing I did for the kid in Tucson. Made a cover for the cup holders and laid the 4 switches in a row. Made it out of plastic, looks factory in his. ---------------------------------------------I made this one out of 1/4" MDF and wrapped it in suede (actually Todd at The Interior Shop wrapped it). I went this route instead of ABS plastic because he has already sueded some of the panels in the car and so it matches.
post photo
laydsuzu   +1y

no more cup holders...........? cant wait to see this one flat on the ground too

THE_CRUCK   +1y

Yeah, I was originally doing it in MDF but ended up going to plastic route. Pat wanted them in the cup holder to. Looks good though. That Camaro looks badass in that color with those wheels. Are you going to do 10" front and 8" rear like we did? Are you going to try and keep most of it hidden in the spare well? The one we did was SS with the battery where the spare tire would have been so everything had to go in trunk, is this one set up differently?
smctoy   +1y

damn...now thats bad ass!
no1lowr   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by LowLyfe83 wow, thats a sweet ride. lookin forward to seeing your install. your work has given me a different perspective on juice. --------------------------------------------- my thoughts exactly.