threads
Page 5 of 31
Build-Ups \  return of the fat kid (pic heavy)

return of the fat kid (pic heavy)

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 17242
replies 300
following 84

22below   +1y

Its your truck, but that really needs a notch out back. I think it will look pretty weird to open up the rear and see little space and a huge metal box in there...but if you plan to weld the lower door shut...thats another story
jumbo   +1y
yeah, but right now there is a 2x4 on the step notch, and to clear the gas and air tanks, a notch would only give me maybe 2-3" more.  IMO, it'll be easier and cleaner to leave the floor like it is.
tuckinlugs06   +1y

yeah it looks alot better without a giant hole in the floor ..or a notch cover

22below   +1y

I was just comparing it to my Excursion with the notch.Look forward to see how yours comes out
jumbo   +1y
you have any pics of said notch?  I'm always open to new ideas.  I thought about the notch, but i honestly think i'll have more room without it.  I could have left the bed floor stock height, but i would not have been able to raise the gas tank or hide the air tanks, and i'd rather have the tanks hidden than have them out in the open.
megail   +1y
With the floor raised we are able to put in an access panel at the rear so if for whatever reason jumbo needs to remove the gas tank or air tanks he will be able to. Just unbolt them and tilt them and slide em out. We were also able to reuse the stock mounts for the rear this way.
foxkid   +1y

Hope this access panel is better than the one in Dannys car....
BankruptRam   +1y

Whats wrong with Dannys access panel Brandon?
foxkid   +1y
Edited: 6/15/2010 5:08:14 PM by foxkid

Burban is looking good!

jumbo   +1y
Well, Gavin got the sheet metal stuff done and took it to the Oklahoma Shakedown show in Durant this weekend   First time it's seen daylight since November.    and on an unrelated note, i gave my son his first fauxhawk this weekend :LOL: