threads
Page 3 of 31
Build-Ups \  return of the fat kid (pic heavy)

return of the fat kid (pic heavy)

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 17244
replies 300
following 84

jumbo   +1y
kinda, if things would have worked out for me, i would have driven it home 2 weekends ago, lol.    Just kidding, Gavin, you know how much i appreciate the hard work you're doing!!!! 
pdolgner   +1y
Wow, talk about dedication!  Awesome man, keep it up!
bagd2kf150   +1y

Hey jumbo, got anymore connections on that rearend. I want to get one for my crewcab and burban
jumbo   +1y
Edited: 5/21/2010 10:39:11 PM by jumbo72

talk to Gavin (BankruptRam), he found 3 when he was looking for mine.  It was actually a last minute thing, he said he might have to narrow the rear axle because the wheels would either rub or come damn close to it, and a friend had suggested using a police interceptor rear end, same lug pattern, 2" narrower, disc brakes, limited slip 8.5" diff, and they all came with either 3:23 or 3:43 gears.  I don't know where katy is, is it close to DFW?  There's a whole community for them, just google 9c1. And Paul, actually, i got the yellow bus from your neck of the woods.  And thanks for the props, i wish i was doing the stuff myself, but i'm no good with a welder, i'm not good at engineering suspension, i just wanted him to do all the suspension stuff.  Truthfully, i've had another kid since i bought the yellow one, and i just flat out don't have the time or know how to do suspension stuff.  I have a good friend that does paint and body work, so that's covered, i'll do the stereo and some of the interior myself (i've been installing my own systems since i was 15).  I just did'nt want to do anything myself that affects my safety on the road.  If i do a door panel wrong, no biggie, but if a link bar breaks because it's the wrong size and welded improperly, my family and every one else's lives on the road are at stake.  Know what i mean?  I just wish i could have saved the $6k or so that i spent on it and getting it home and started with a stock one.  I'd have a badass burb by now :D
smctoy   +1y

awesome updates & glad to see that its finally getting done!!
22below   +1y

I was really confused when I read the 1st post last night, I was saying to myself, "wasnt that burb chopped into a hundred pieces". But now it makes sense, looks badass and cant wait to see more progress pics.
jumbo   +1y
yeah, we sold anything that was worth anything, kept anything we thought we might need, and scrapped the rest.  That whole thing was a POS, not just the frame.  I think the only things from the yellow one we're using is the air tanks, haha
greenranger 23   +1y

its about time we've seen some pics. looking good so far jumbo and great looking work from gavin
jumbo   +1y
hey, when i get pics, you get pics
jumbo   +1y
gas and air tanks mounted.  i sniped this from Gavin's facebook page