threads
Page 2 of 31
Build-Ups \  return of the fat kid (pic heavy)

return of the fat kid (pic heavy)

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 17243
replies 300
following 84

2lowtoy   +1y
Well it on it's way now.  Sry to here such a prob with the bus in the first place tho.
lost cause   +1y
it's nice to see things are finally going in the right direction for you! I happy for you bro. cant wait to see this thing on the ground!! so what was up with the center caps again I guess I didn't under stand? lol
mjavy7   +1y

Wow, wahta a story. It looks like finally you are getting it done the right way! Nice work...i can't wait to see the fiberglass work come to life.
BankruptRam   +1y

The centercap problem is really a wheel problem. Jumbo got the last 4 5lug KMC Maven wheels in the world or something like that. They were discontinued so finding them was a challenge. 3 of them had to be redrilled to the correct 5 lug and one had to have the center bore opened up. The offset is not correct for this truck but the lug pattern works. The front hub sticks out too far so instead of wheel spacers we decided to modify the centercap. It was concaved and hit the hub so Gail is building up the center, glassing over it and then trimming the back so it will clear. Thats what you gotta do when a fat guy says heres the wheels, make em fit! LOL!
idrgbdy   +1y
shit is awesome man. looks like you've deserved this badass work for along time. glad it's working out! i'm ready to see it at ///RA!!
dbldub01   +1y

thanks for the update, been along for the ride the last 3 yrs.............tell your wife to let you take it to Scrapin, been wanting to see it and feel like I know you, lol!
Wicked Fantacies   +1y

I do remember this burban from a few yrs back.  Good luck with the build looks great so far!
Marcos_65   +1y
Great work so far, sorry to hear about the hack job you bought first 
jumbo   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by lost causeit's nice to see things are finally going in the right direction for you! I happy for you bro. cant wait to see this thing on the ground!! so what was up with the center caps again I guess I didn't under stand? lol --------------------------------------------- Well, i had to have those wheels because they're KMC Mavens and they came out about 6 months after my daughter Maven was born  I had a set of 20's for my s10, but sold them when i bought the burb (they were the 10 hole universal 5 lug pattern but did'nt fit the burb).  Well, when i finally got funds to buy 22's, there were like 150 sets on ebay, but i found out real quick that the ebay sellers were just drop shipping them, because they were discontinued.  I emailed every online wheel store i could find looking for a set.  I finally found some 24's on ebay for $1200, but they were for a Dodge Magnum, since i was going to have to redrill the rotors anyway (i was originally going with a 99 up full size spindle so the hub did'nt stick out since the centercap was concave, redrill the studs to go from the 99 up 6 lug pattern to the much more common fsc 5 lug pattern), and i would have had to bore out the center.  I did'nt really want 24's, they're a tad too big for my taste, and i would have had to use rubber band tires (making it much easier to bend a rim that was almost impossible to find in the first place), but that was all i could find.  I bought them, then later that day i got a call from one of the wheel companies i'd emailed saying he had 3 22" Mavens with the bolt pattern i was looking for, and found a 22" blank Maven that he could send out to get drilled to whatever pattern i wanted.  I told him i already bought 24's, but i really wanted 22's, and i told him the 24's were $600 less than he was wanting for the 22's.  So he said if i bought the 22's, he'd sell them to me for $1100 plus $50 shipping.  I called the ebay guy and told him,  he had not shipped them yet, i asked if he could refund me what i paid minus $100 for his trouble and ebay listing fees and stuff, and he agreed.  So i got my 22's 2 weeks later.  Apparently, the 3 he had were the universal 10 hole wheels, and the blank one he had drilled (pretty shittily, from what Gavin said), and he did'nt get the bore size right. So the whole point of this novel is since the hub on the front wheels sticks out too far for the convex centercaps, i had to have new ones made that the hub would fit underneath so i did'nt have to use wheel spacers. 
post photo
Deluxe_D100   +1y

Glad to see things are finally working out for you man.