Page 2 of 5
Build-Ups \  2005 Dodge Magnum, another Hydroholics install

2005 Dodge Magnum, another Hydroholics install

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 4367
replies 43
following 27

mjavy7   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by fknlowjeepWhat is your opinion of the street chargers?  Are they worth the money?

---------------------------------------------I was going to ask about that...more like what is it a battery charger for the freightliner batteries?Also What is that optima battery doing there? Is that part of your set up?
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y

I don't dislike street chargers, but plugging in a charger on my batteries once every 3 weeks or so while I'm sleeping is hardly maintenance to me.   We have been using 12v battery chargers from Walmart that are $28/ea.  I have three of them and put one on each battery.  They shut off once the batteries are charged.
layed521   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5Nope, it's a 1-5 setup, pancake is impossible. I like to wire them this way better than FBSS. You have to hit combos, but with those combos you have individual control of every wheel.--------------------------------------------- Why isnt pancake possible on a 1-5? Whats the absolute most you can wire into a 1-5 setup?  
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y

Pancake isn't possible because you're sharing 1 pump with 1 return and the system works off weight so the front being heavier will have a quicker drop speed than the rear.  You can technically run a 1/6 (2 3-dump manifolds off a single pump) and have both a front and rear return with their own flow control valves which would allow a front/rear same-time pancake.  You can wire in FBSS, and coners.  Also sides and corners can be lifted from a pancaked position while down which a standard 2 pump 4 dump cannot do. 
IMLOWER   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by AON-OFFDAHOOKI don't dislike street chargers, but plugging in a charger on my batteries once every 3 weeks or so while I'm sleeping is hardly maintenance to me.   We have been using 12v battery chargers from Walmart that are $28/ea.  I have three of them and put one on each battery.  They shut off once the batteries are charged. ---------------------------------------------when chargeing them like that  do you have to unhook the batteries from each othe to charge them or are you leaveing them all hooked up?
JMacBlazinLacin   +1y

the charger hooks up to batteries as is and charges while driving,,, the optima is the car/starting battery nothing to do with the setup besides its factory location,,, even if the charger doesnt work good i will still love my car when jeremys done,,,  thanks again jeremy, derek, and aaron  HYDROHOLICS
mike86mazda   +1y
Damn where do you find time to eat sleep shit and shower? LOL j/k badass work keep up the sweetness!
mjavy7   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by JMacBlazinLacinthe charger hooks up to batteries as is and charges while driving,,, the optima is the car/starting battery nothing to do with the setup besides its factory location,,, even if the charger doesnt work good i will still love my car when jeremys done,,,  thanks again jeremy, derek, and aaron  HYDROHOLICS---------------------------------------------Thanks for the clarification, can't wait to see the progress.
JMacBlazinLacin   +1y

AND ALSO,, ITS NOT FOR FREIGHTLINER BATTERIES,, THATS JUST WHERE I WORK AND GOT GOOD DEALS ON THESE BATTERIES,,, YOU CAN FIND MORE INFO ON  STREETCHARGER.COM,,, THEY ARE VOLTAGE SPECIFIC I BELIEVE FROM 24V TO 72V MAYBE MORE
tre5   +1y

The optima is the car battery. These platforms (300, charger, magnum) all come with the battery in the spare tire well from the factory. I actually cleaned up some of the wiring on it as well. I extended and tucked them so it would look nicer underneath there when you were looking at the hydraulics.As far as street chargers go... I have installed a few of them. The reviews are not that great in my opinion. I know they are expensive which is a downfall when they don't work that good. All the ones I have installed still required manual charging to get the batteries to full charge. Like Derek said, plugging the chargers in every month or so and leaving them sit while your sleeping is the best thing for my money. You don't have to do anything to the batteries while charging other than disconnect the ground clamp (which you should do every time you get out of the car, that's why I put it under the seat).