Page 2 of 14
Dodge Trucks \  76 D200 Crew Cab Rebuild NEW PICS 2/16/11

76 D200 Crew Cab Rebuild NEW PICS 2/16/11

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 10703
replies 133
following 52

bigmike@gauge   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by loudcivyou ever think of ditching the strut rods like they do on hardbodys & yotas? run a stabilizer arm off the lower to give it some triangulation.

---------------------------------------------Yea I actually thought alot about it. But I am able to achieve the travel I need by just moving it to the bottom of the control arm. I wouldnt of had a problem reworking the lower crossmember and building LCAs just didnt see it necessary.  Its now setup to lay rails with a 30" tire. Factory frame is 7.75" tall under cab. With it on ground the front crossmember is 1/4 off the ground. Once the front suspension is done and I build the brackets for engine driven compressor. Im pulling the motor, trans, & cab to sfbd the frame and build a new backhalf. Thanks for all the support guys. I lose interest fast and its everyones critisicim that keeps me working on it.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y

Your gussets should always extend to at least the center of load (center of bag)
bigmike@gauge   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by iLLblazerYour gussets should always extend to at least the center of load (center of bag)---------------------------------------------Thanks,  Why would a front torsion kit come with such small gussets anyhow?
fknlowjeep   +1y

Dude, I love this body style dodge.  So running dakota spindles, that means you are converting to 6-lug or are you going to keep it 8-lug?   I'm diggin your project, keep it up!
bigmike@gauge   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by fknlowjeepDude, I love this body style dodge.  So running dakota spindles, that means you are converting to 6-lug or are you going to keep it 8-lug?   I'm diggin your project, keep it up!---------------------------------------------Im running 87-90 dakota it is 5x4.50. Same as the early 72-85 dodge fullsize. Some guys wil run the 91-96 dakota (6lug) spindles and then the 5x5.5" 86-93 dodge fullsize rotors slide right on them.  The only thing you really need to buy if you are using them on a 1/2 ton is a set of early chrysler diplomat tie rod sleeves.
dragndodge   +1y
Mine is a 83 and my spindle are out of a 95 Dakota.  What do you have planned for the outer tie-rod ends?
bigmike@gauge   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by wedgedThe 87-96 Dakota spindles are essentially the same, the difference is in the rotors, not the spindles. ---------------------------------------------They are listed at two seperate part numbers from Belltech And AIM. Im not 100% positive but I was under the impression that the tierods and calipers mounts  were different.
bigmike@gauge   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by DragnDodgeMine is a 83 and my spindle are out of a 95 Dakota.  What do you have planned for the outer tie-rod ends?---------------------------------------------You know I havent went that far yet.  Im heading over to work up the lower bag mounts and possibly the shock mounts tonight . Im a little scarred that I may have to rack n pinion it.
layed521   +1y

I like those airtanks, where did you get them from & how much?
dragndodge   +1y
I re tapper drilled mine and flipped them.  Its works but it screws with toe bad...---------------------------------------------Originally posted by BigMikeAtGauge---------------------------------------------Originally posted by DragnDodgeMine is a 83 and my spindle are out of a 95 Dakota.  What do you have planned for the outer tie-rod ends?---------------------------------------------You know I havent went that far yet.  Im heading over to work up the lower bag mounts and possibly the shock mounts tonight . Im a little scarred that I may have to rack n pinion it. ---------------------------------------------