threads
Page 2 of 4
General Discussion \  Anyone run E85 in any of there daily drivers?

Anyone run E85 in any of there daily drivers?

General Discussion
views 3219
replies 33
following 9

huskerdually   +1y
It's probably reruns of doctor phil and oprah. And I'm sure there double stuffed cookies.
huskerdually   +1y
You already used that one. You got to come up with something new.
jcampbell1180   +1y
No. I don't have any energy.

Where the hell are my little debbie snack cakes...
huskerdually   +1y
Ohh, little Debbie is my beotch. I love her goods.

My wife is running to arbys right now to get me some food.
warpath   +1y
big boned, damn homie ive yet to see a fat skeleton. oh and now im think arby's...
illegal regalã¢â€žâ¢   +1y
actually ethanol doesn't corrode like methanol does.. all gasoline has ethanol. There's a few things I'd step up if lookin to swap to e85 but rubber lines will still work with ethanol.

It's all for the tree huggers and the fools that think they're gettin a deal at the pump when in reality it take more e85 to do the same job as gasoline does.

Now around here e85 is only $.25 cheaper a gallon than gas.. it costs ya more in the long run. If they lowered it to $1.50 or less it'd be the ish.

you can convert your car to e85, but it's e85 or nothin at all. Once ya swap thats all you can run. And yes e85 is 105octane rated
krewzlo   +1y
My yukon is a flex fuel so I don't have to convert it. I read today. It states 15-20% loss in economy but with higher octane, more power. I ran it all weekend while towing my 10000lb camper around. Usually pulling steep hills or long grades it would over heat. This weekend no overheating issues, it was hot out too. Seemed to have a little mopowr but could be in my head. I ran the calculation with a 15% loss it would cost me $3.00 more per tank to run it based on 30 gal. I would rather support the corn farmers then the fricken towel heads. Right now it is $.30 cheaper than regular but why should they go any cheaper as people think it is such a bargain. I am making an unloaded road trip with it this weekend on the freeway and am going to check actual milage with it. The best I got on the freeway on reg. was 18 but typically 16 or 17 mpg.
illegal regalã¢â€žâ¢   +1y
higher octane doesn't mean more power.. it ran cooler because ethanol is a cold running fuel. It runs colder and thats how it would make more power, but it's done at higher fuel psi and uses more.

I'm curious on what ya find out on the mileage comparison since from what I've seen in people doing it was a 20%-35% loss
huskerdually   +1y
It is still more expensive to make ethanol then gas. The only reason it is as cheap as it is is because of government subsidies.