threads
Page 1 of 4
General Discussion \  Anyone run E85 in any of there daily drivers?

Anyone run E85 in any of there daily drivers?

General Discussion
views 3231
replies 33
following 9

krewzlo   +1y
My yukon is a flex fuel and we just now got a station that carries E85. I have boughten some of it and just curious to see what others think of it. Ours is 105 octane but supposedly gets less mpg. What do you get for mpg compared to regular gas?
dragnasty   +1y
i drive a diesel......rattle rattle rattle.....
krewzlo   +1y
Yeah I would too if they would put one in the suburbans. Don't know wtf they are thinking not putting them in the suv's.
huskerdually   +1y
We have had ethanol around here forever. The problem is that the auto makers are just making the vehicle compatible with it and not optimized to run on them. By being flex fuel it just means the ethanol won't eat your fuel system. I think they may advance the timing a little. Saab actually makes a car$$$ that has sensors in the tank and it ups the turbo boost and timing and they get better mileage and more power on the e85. Put it in you burb and you will get worse mileage and less power. The trade off is cheaper gas(sometimes) supposedly less emissions(but what it does emit might be worse, studies conflict), and you are supporting American farmers and not foreign terrorists.
jcampbell1180   +1y
I like American Farmers.

Especially the ones who raise Twinkies.
huskerdually   +1y
Ya the twinkie crop is about right for harvesting here. We had a good crop.

And I seen the pic w/ the sparkler it's pretty obvious you like your twinkies.
jcampbell1180   +1y
You can kiss right where that sparkler was comming out of...
pig rig   +1y
it must be my geographic area but twikers are rip here all the time

where dose all the oil from alaska go.....................?

its refined here and sent overseas
diabolic kustoms   +1y
and so goes the downward spiral of todays ecomony..woo hoo

Looks like someone is a little sensitive about there weight..lol
jcampbell1180   +1y
I'M NOT FAT YOU DICKS!!!

I'M JUST BIG BONED!!!

Did I say I sit on the couch at night after my wife goes to bed and eat ice cream and cookies while watching past seasons of Oz and Deadwood.

'CAUSE I DON'T!