Page 5 of 15
Ford Trucks \  Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6125
replies 146
following 57

slammedxonair   +1y

Update: I have all of the shear load gussets tig welded to the outside of the frame. Only a couple pics right before I cleaned up.

post photo
post photo
low99maz   +1y

nice job brian
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Is that crossmember with the formed ends finished?
slammedxonair   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by iLLblazerIs that crossmember with the formed ends finished?---------------------------------------------Nope the bottom of the crossmember is going to be trimmed flush with the rails and boxed in. The upper tower is going to get trimmed up some, I may cut off the whole upper spring perch all together because I want to use a torsion style plate rather than an upper cup, I think it would look better. After I thought of doing that I kinda wish I would have just scrapped the Heidts upper mount and just made my own for the control arms but ya live and learn, and I still havent thrown out the cup idea completely yet. The plan is for Slam RE7 bags all the way around.
Center Stage   +1y
projects lookin damn good bro
slammedxonair   +1y

I only snapped 1 pic tonight but all of the inside shear load gussets are formed and welded up now.
post photo
slammedxonair   +1y

Todays update, I trimmed both sides of the m2 crossmember then formed and tig welded a filler panel on the one side. I would have got more done but I had parts to build as well. I need to quit takin pics at night with my blackberry lol.

post photo
post photo
Reyna_Bros   +1y

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The work is sick Brian.. Gotta love the Fords!!!
slammedxonair   +1y

Thanks! and just FYI I want your F350 haha that thing is sick!