Page 3 of 15
Ford Trucks \  Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6123
replies 146
following 57

slammedxonair   +1y

its 2x4 1/8" wall, the bottom rail I was trying somethign with the tig and went through it just testing something. But its filled now I'm Mig welding the frame. I also checked with Max as well to double check on the fram rails for the tank before I starting building it as the tank. He said it would be fine as long as its braced correctly.
slammedxonair   +1y

Update: since I didnt like how the Heidts crossmember brackets looked I decide to cut some new ones that looked better out on teh cnc. I'm still debating on if I want to plate them or not. I also pulled the frame off the jig and brought it out side for some current full pics. I still need to adjust the rear control arms to get some rear camber. Right now its way positive.        
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
slammedxonair   +1y

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
chopedmazda   +1y

u should try an talk the owner out of the bodykit
slammedxonair   +1y

its not gona happen, its been brought up before and on a bunch of other forums, to each there own. I think it would have looked sick body dropped but its the look hes goin for.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Great work as usual Brian, chassis looks nice. The frame air tank is a nice touch too! The one I did on the 1st gen S-10 gets a lot of compliments from people at shows and the owner loves it. Also saves space and keeps people guessing were the tanks are at. Keep up the good work!
slammedxonair   +1y

Thanks Chris I deffinatly appreciate the comment!
guiltybydesign   +1y

New tabs look MUCH better.
f150dailydragger   +1y

looking really good i wish i had a frame like that under my truck sick work keep it up. any time frame of when the body is goin back on ?
Just_Robert   +1y

What are your plans to dial out the cambur in the back? 
post photo