Page 4 of 15
Ford Trucks \  Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6118
replies 146
following 57

slammedxonair   +1y

Thanks everyone. I'm deffinatly happy with the tabs not bad for CNC plasma  eh? Its not a low end stepper machine either. As for the body going on I gotta get the rest of the chassis and air ride finnished up, ship it back to Indy to the motor shop and they are doing the motor tranny and body mounts on the truck, since thats where the rest of it is. And as mentioned above on the rear camber, I still have to adjust the lower control arms out (they are all the way in right now) you can see in the rearend shots how the lower arms have threaded adjusters on them like a 4 link.
98lows10   +1y
Great job Brian, did that Heidt's IRS come complete with the control arms?
Just_Robert   +1y
Cool man. I new it was something easy. Keep up the great work!
slammedxonair   +1y

Thanks guys and yea Tom, the Heidts setup came with everything except the coils overs which we left out for obvious reasons lol. Its a real clean setup and can take some power but I think if i do another irs I'm gona stick with the mark viii/ thunderbird/ cobra rearend unless somebody spacifically asks for this kit.
bodydropped85   +1y

that is sick!!!!!!!!!!
slammedxonair   +1y

Thanks James! I'm really glad this is getting alot of positive feedback.
slammedxonair   +1y

Hello everyone. Here is a quick update I've been pretty busy lately and haven't taken many pics, but so far half of the welds on the frame are ground down and I got the shear load gussets ready to go.

post photo
post photo
post photo
slammedxonair   +1y

I got almost all the grinding done on the butt welds and metal finnished other than a couple on the bottom.

post photo
post photo
fknlowjeep   +1y

i'm diggin on the one off adjustable jackstand suspension in that last pic, innovation at it's best!  J/K  Looking DAMN good bro!  keep it up and can't wait to see more!!
slammedxonair   +1y

haha thanks. Gotta be able to move it somehow for right now.