Page 4 of 6
Ford Trucks \  Ford Expedition

Ford Expedition

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6682
replies 51
following 24

MechanicAl   +1y

Finally got the front torn down on my Family crewzer. good thing too the upper ball joints were junk, shocks are blown, idler arm & pitman arm junk and the tie rod ends are bent. thats not a good combination for new tires.  today I dropped off my spindles and lower control arms to the machine shop to be re-reamed and the ball joint flipped. no to just relocate the upper arm and figure out a different shock location so the don't rub on the wheel. I was thinking some crazy cantilever  setup would look cool but its about money at this point.
bbb   +1y

So you use the 7 degree for the tie rod and the 10 degree for the ball joint? I have to get another spindle for my truck cause the last person that worked on it forgot to tighten the ball joint and it wallered the spindle out. I was so pissed when I seen that! Thats what I get for being lazy and not doing things myself.
iam1percent   +1y

i got  the reamer from my snap on guy and did my spindles..used a die grinder then the reamer took about ten minutes perside.i used ekstensive lowers and moved the uppers up 2 1/2 ...running a 285 35 22 tire.didnt have to tub not sure about my booster well se monday..heres link to my ford www.myspace.com/fleck333
MechanicAl   +1y

Well I finally finished the front today. I still need to have it aligned, it's great to have positive camber at drive height for now.Thanks again Bag to drag everthing is just like you said it would be. during the job I installed new tie rods and shocks. it's gonna be a whole new truckand the Ekstensive mounts fit perfect! WAY worth the money...
nvr53   +1y

hows it look buddy .will you be at the meeting sunday?
MechanicAl   +1y

seems to drive pretty good, but has a poping sound from the front left. I think it's the upper control arm bushing.I will be driving it to the Down To Earth day show this weekend
post photo
LOWFORD1   +1y

looks really goodgotta love those blue ovals
tharealjoedirt   +1y

awesome ford bro..i wish mine was four door
xgolferdude   +1y

are those 22s or 20s on the front?
bagtodrag   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by MechanicAlWell I finally finished the front today. I still need to have it aligned, it's great to have positive camber at drive height for now.Thanks again Bag to drag everthing is just like you said it would be. during the job I installed new tie rods and shocks. it's gonna be a whole new truckand the Ekstensive mounts fit perfect! WAY worth the money...--------------------------------------------- No problem bro glad I was able to help you at. Truck looks sick btw!!