Ford Trucks \  Ford Expedition

Ford Expedition

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6680
replies 51
following 24

bagtodrag   +1y
Edited: 1/11/2009 8:41:20 PM by bagtodrag

Edited: 1/11/2009 8:40:43 PM by bagtodragF150 and expedition its all the same, raise your upper arms, flip your arms left to right to left, flip lower ball joint replace with joints, flip tie rod ends, ditch spring perch and use a plate setup and modify lower arms. Just like mine was done....  
post photo
post photo
SoloSpecialties   +1y
Edited: 1/11/2009 9:06:18 PM by SoloSpecialties

when ya say flip the lower balljoints,what do you mean? those pics help alot man,thank you . and how much did ya raise the uppers?
bagtodrag   +1y
Edited: 1/11/2009 9:40:04 PM by bagtodrag

Well as far as flipping the lower joints you do just that, flip them upward. you have to ream the lower arm then press in the new joint. Mine where raised 2" but some raise them 2.5 or even 3".  Its alot of work but its well worth it in the long run, eliminating about 95% of your bump steer, reducing camber and the reduction of messing with your firewall if you laying frame on 22s. 
NaviGangsta   +1y
DO NOT USE THE STOCK BALLJOINT WHEN YOU FLIP YOUR LOWERS     switch to a Chrysler balljoint. dont remem the part number, but someone will know on here hopefully. The ford balljoint will fail, its not designed to be compressed like that. The Chrysler balljoint will press right back into your stock arms but facing up.     You can buy the reamers from www.speedwaymotors.com ... you need the 1/2-1 and the 1-2 I think. Its super easy to do     Flip the lower balljoints, flip the tierods .... Raise your upper balljoints 2" or so, then put the left upper on the right side and vice versa ... makes it so you dont have to tub for a 265/35/22 tire     It's pretty simple really
Pneufab   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by NaviGangsta DO NOT USE THE STOCK BALLJOINT WHEN YOU FLIP YOUR LOWERS     switch to a Chrysler balljoint. dont remem the part number, but someone will know on here hopefully. The ford balljoint will fail, its not designed to be compressed like that. The Chrysler balljoint will press right back into your stock arms but facing up.     You can buy the reamers from www.speedwaymotors.com ... you need the 1/2-1 and the 1-2 I think. Its super easy to do     Flip the lower balljoints, flip the tierods .... Raise your upper balljoints 2" or so, then put the left upper on the right side and vice versa ... makes it so you dont have to tub for a 265/35/22 tire     It's pretty simple really --------------------------------------------- haha   What was that kid's name, Ralph? Remember he was all over the place (F-150 forum) telling people to flip the stock ball joints. I think you and I were telling him no no no.   A week later didn't one self destruct? Good times, good times.   Whatever happened to him?   t  
NaviGangsta   +1y
I dont remember man. lol. I got burned out and dissapeared for a long while.   Gots me a supercrew on 22's now. already been bagged but redoin some small stuff. So, Im somewhat back in....
layingnutz   +1y
hey navi, which reamer did you use to flip the tie-rod???  i understand the balljoint part.   what im confused on is, if i just ram the spindle from the other side for the tie-rod, wont it just be pretty much a stright hole thru instead of a tapered one?  can you give a little more advice on the tie-rod process?  thanks

layingnutz   +1y
thanks.   do you remember which oneof the two you used for the tie-rod???   was it the 7 or the 10 tapered?  

bagtodrag   +1y
Yeah I left out about not using your stock lower balljoints when you flip them. You should use MOOG PN# K7069, that's off of a 1975-1983 Chrysler Cordoba same as whats on my truck.