Page 1 of 6
Ford Trucks \  Ford Expedition

Ford Expedition

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6659
replies 51
following 24

SoloSpecialties   +1y
im lookin for some front brackets for a 99 expedition. i havent been able to find anywhere on the interwebz. i was told its a control arm setup so could i just use a do it urself front kit from suicide doors?
SoloSpecialties   +1y

also if someone has some pics of the front setup that would help too.

SoloSpecialties   +1y

Bump...anyone know something? i was told i should use a torsion bracket kit??? anyone?

layingnutz   +1y
i hope this helps out.  i used a djm lower control arm.  cut out the spring plate on the arm, and cut a piece of box tubing to fit in the arm.  then bought a torsion style bracket kit for the front and began cutting and welding.  it lays on a 22.  here a few pics   email me if ya got anymore questions.

post photo
post photo
layingnutz   +1y

oh ya a slam re7 fits in there with a 1/2" clearance all the way around when the suspension is fully airedout.   dont do a 2500 bag, it rides like crap..

bukfidy   +1y
I run an RE-6 up front with cups and mine rides fine with no shocks....shocks in the rear with kp 6 link...and i get plenty of lift too
SoloSpecialties   +1y

k cool. thats helps out alot man. is that on an expo or the f150 in ur profile? are they the same fron suspensions?

SoloSpecialties   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by bukfidy I run an RE-6 up front with cups and mine rides fine with no shocks....shocks in the rear with kp 6 link...and i get plenty of lift too --------------------------------------------- does it lay?

layingnutz   +1y

its on the f150.  the front clip of the expedition and the f150 are exactly the same as long as they're both 2wd.

SoloSpecialties   +1y

ok good deal. i wasnt completely sure. so is that just the normal torsion kit from suicidedoors? and is it possible to lay on 22s with stock arms,with modding?