threads
Page 1 of 5
Old School Minis \  the plan of attack (do not view if your going to be negetive)

the plan of attack (do not view if your going to be negetive)

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 2075
replies 41
following 32

granth   +1y
I want OPINIONS, not assholes. I know they are hand in hand, but I want honest opinions on what could better the design outside of photoshop skills.

this is a "final" but not "finished" idea i have for my truck. the colors will be exact, but the stripes going from door bottom to back of the truck will be pinstriped in orange. They will be taped off and I am going to "splatter paint" some in between them, kinda far back on the bed. They will wrap around with some sort of old school rounded off zigzig design on the gate. The stripes will continue on the front valance, but curve down, rarther than making it ALL that design. The rest will be the solid green. I figure they will end where the Bumper curves to the trucks front end. Hood will have nothing on it. Wheels and tires should ship tomorrow, will add them when I feel like it.

HONEST OPINIONS ONLY, NO HATE! whats wrong is okay, just dont be a DICK!
standardbyker88   +1y
got the old school feel down, but im thinkin it needs something forward of the doors to be in proportion
nvrdoned50   +1y
i say drop the pink down to where theres some lime green on the top of the bed rail but other than that it looks fine to me
lucky_brew   +1y
when you sent this version on yahoo - i had a flash back of this truck >>>
fatboysS1O   +1y
id say pick a diff color other than that pink. anything else. i know ur shooting for that old school look, but i dont like the pink. other than that not my style but for the look your trying to achieve, looks good.
granth   +1y
Originally posted by standardbyker88

got the old school feel down, but im thinkin it needs something forward of the doors to be in proportion

just told lucky im going to have his new born boy, and his little daughter to hand print on the front fender somewhere. I think it would be just enough to pull your eyes up front just long enough.
granth   +1y
russel, to me nothing else fits with those two colors other than that "fuscia" as lucky calls it. hes too feminine for this shit! he calls em by their real name, i just say its pink! hahaha.

i tried blue, red, white, dark green, and light yellow. nothing really set it off like the pink.
junior   +1y
change the lime green to the turquoise and the pink will really flow wit it
granth   +1y
Originally posted by NvrDoneD50

i say drop the pink down to where theres some lime green on the top of the bed rail but other than that it looks fine to me

fully agree. my bed has a lip on it, unlike the one i traced for the line drawing im working with. so i just didnt do it. but i do want some green above the pink. thanks for the suggestion.
splashed   +1y
i like it reminds me of the good old days and if u like it, do it.