Page 3 of 16
Build-Ups \  the rebuild...

the rebuild...

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 7972
replies 155
following 71

Project_Overkill   +1y
lol.. nope got a deal on a bunch of wilton clamps and they are nice to have around. didnt keep the old frame rails but wasnt sure b4 i bought the clamps and woulda needed them. ohh well

anyways I spent today figuring out my drivetrain and meeting with builders who all voluntered some time and help so i can make this happen. engine is goin to be a 383 built by kent from the engine store locally, trans is getting built by jeff from my regular trans shop (dons) to handle the 400HP/TQ motor being built. rear end i have but is being setup by dca racing and supplying a locker. exhaust will use hooker ceramic long tube headers, high flow cats, i think flowmaster super 44's all with 2 1/2" tube. overall drivetrain will be very stout and fun!!!
datboychevy   +1y
that is awesome. im gonna enjoy watching this build play out. are gonna keep the caddy front end?
bdroppeddak   +1y
Edited: 10/5/2007 5:41:58 AM by bdroppeddak

long tube headers? did you find a set that wouldnt hang below the frame? good luck on your project, the only thing better than a obs FSC is one with 4 doors!!

you shoulda bought my 383, it went for CHEAP on ebay!! i let it go for what i had just in shop labor in it!!! i also sold some other stuff for a nice motor, big world products heads, badass TCI tranny, etc....
Project_Overkill   +1y
Originally posted by bdroppeddak

Edited: 10/5/2007 5:41:58 AM by bdroppeddak

long tube headers? did you find a set that wouldnt hang below the frame? good luck on your project, the only thing better than a obs FSC is one with 4 doors!!

you shoulda bought my 383, it went for CHEAP on ebay!! i let it go for what i had just in shop labor in it!!! i also sold some other stuff for a nice motor, big world products heads, badass TCI tranny, etc....

well from my research on FSC there were several guys claiming that they hug the frame pretty well and "do not" go below the frame and "if you were bagged the frame could lay flat" hooker comp long tubes are the ticket i guess. also yeah i saw that you were selling them b4 but wasnt at that stage, now.. im wishing but too late..
FullSizeRST   +1y
that ganna be sick
bdroppeddak   +1y
im thinkin of just buying some shorties made for the 88-95 trucks and using them, that way they will clear my firewall for sure with the stockfloor, since they bolt to the stock exhaust if you had it.... im just running a crate 350 from GM, the cheap 260hp/350 ft/lbs long block, going for the better gas mileage and cheaper route now
Project_Overkill   +1y
i thought that too but i have no exhaust, will be all new including cats, O2's, and muffs and bent to fit the frame and through x-members. wanna see if i can get an x-pipe in as well but that might be pushing it.
i guess i need more pics to be sure the longtubes will fit but they look damn good.
jetts   +1y
the long tubes might fit on a bagged obs fullsize, but u are makin a smaller frame then stock so i would check into that before i buy them
Project_Overkill   +1y
well from what im now learning i may have to go shortys, i'd like to delete the EGR with my tune but dont know how that will go over.. no longtubes have an EGR option. if i can then its on!
sittinonbagz   +1y
damn nice build looks good bro