threads
Page 2 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  SBC shopping list?

SBC shopping list?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1119
replies 13
following 6

toyota_king_387   +1y
aluminum weigh less and cool better. thanks never heard of lt1.com . smog in ma anything older than 95 DOES NOT NEED SMOG CHECK haha
macdave06   +1y

lt1s are pretty good about keeping the heads cool anyways, because coolant runs through the heads first. I may end up running some aluminum heads on my toyota, but probably iron heads on my 65 cause I'm gonna be running turbos.
Lucky MA residents. we're stuck at 75 and under. but you can smog an engine swap if the motor is newer than the car. Then if you use aftermarket stuff it's gotta be CARB approved, which for the LT1 isn't really a big deal, cause there's alot out there.
yoguyda   +1y
I've been curious about engine swaps for 2wd toyota trucks for a long time. I cant tell whether or not all the info on the web pertains to 4x4 toyota trucks?? This site was pretty informative:
macdave06   +1y

from my experiences vs what I've read on 4x4 swaps the 2wd is actually less complicated. on 4wd you gota deal with the transfer case and I believe you have to modify the oil pan to clear the crossmember, but the frames themselves are probably close to the same.