5 LUG CONVERSION

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 16265
replies 31
following 22

dssur   +1y
Originally posted by i_love_primer

does that meen any 5lug spacing? cause i was thinking 5x100

Aerostar and toyota both are 5x114.3 or 5x4.5. If you want 5x100, you'll need to redrill. Usually, the 100mm bolt circle it too small to be used on a truck because the studs will impede on the bearings.

When he talks about his tube arms giving you a five lug conversion, he means they will FACILITATE it, not do it for you. Meaning you'll still need to go hunt down spindles, rotors, brakes tie rods, calipers and whatever else from a toyota pickup 86-93. These parts (YOUR parts) will then fit the balljoints he sends the arms with.

kindalow   +1y
aerostars are front wheel drive if im not mistaken, so the rear axle wouldnt work. and i think its aerostar rotors onto mazda spindles, rather than aerostar rotors onto mazda control arms. correct me if im wrong though.

and i have a toyota rearend for sale in northern california if you wanted that. $150 and i wont ship it.
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by hopntoy

aerostars are front wheel drive if im not mistaken, so the rear axle wouldnt work. and i think its aerostar rotors onto mazda spindles, rather than aerostar rotors onto mazda control arms. correct me if im wrong though.

the early aerostars were RWD. And yes, the only way I have heard of this is using the aerostar hubs with the mazda spindles. But I have no other information on it.

i_love_primer   +1y
Edited: 8/26/2005 8:17:58 AM by i_love_primer

aerostars are rwd. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/387603/4 look at the picshow hard would it be maybe to put a dodge neon hub on a alternate spindle ?
dragmatic   +1y
Aight..here's the info I have on the Aerostar conversion as told to me by another member here on SSM.
"Mid 90s aerostar hubs and rotors will bolt on and use the mazda brakes. You'll need to slightly modify 1 bolt hole on the dust shield."

I hope this works for some of you guys. Also, I would recommend just using the Toyota rearend or having those rears redrilled.
DawgsledMazda   +1y
that means you need toyota spindles, rotors and brakes from a 84 to 94 toyota pickup and then you have the lug pattern that toyota and ford and some others have.
dragginmazda86   +1y
I'm thinking about doing the aerostar hubs and rotors swap but does anyone know if the bearings and seals are the same as the mazda bearings?I have drop spindles and don't want to get rid of them but I want to keep the truck safe as it's my daily driver.Any info will help. Thanks.
jreed   +1y
Edited: 9/6/2005 8:45:50 PM by slammit

Has anyone ever tried the front hubs from a Mazda MPV?
karathos   +1y
Does anyone have pics of Aerostars on a Mazda...Like pics of fitment? Also does anyone have pics of the two spindles side by side...
mazberrydelight   +1y
well since my secret of aerostar hubs are out i may aswell tell everyone now , yes the hubs will fit , almost direct boilt on , i'll try and get some pics in aweek or so