Page 1 of 7
Mazda Trucks \  5lug Conversion

5lug Conversion

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 12197
replies 63
following 44

bagged&topless   +1y
i have a mazda i have bin workin on & i want to make it 5lug so i need to know what toyota parts will work....
creative concepts   +1y
if i remember right you can weld up the upper balljoint holes, drill out holes that match a yota upper balljoint and the spindle goes right on... if you dont wanna go through that, then you need to have a little bitof the spindle shaft machined so the hub fits all the way back, def not a big deal.. then you use the toyota hub with your mazda rotor and caliper
LaynRockers   +1y
Edited: 9/13/2007 9:11:54 PM by LaynRockers

On the 5lug conversion. I redrill the hubs to the 5lug pattern for $215 shipped. My only advise is that unless you are going to lay 19 or 20's I would just get the hubs redrilled. On my old daily I had them redrilled but on my xcab that I am building for 20's it was easier to buy toyota drop spindles to lay out easier. There is only 4 options and that is hubs made, toyota spindles, A-Arms(CanDo), or have yours redrilled. Mike Brott and I do redrills, and I think mothergoose sells the custom hubs.

To do the toyota parts you need spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, toyota upper ball joints, and tie rods.

Give me a yell if you need them redrilled.

John Yoakum
LaynRockers   +1y
BTW potter(sup man)
The machining of the spindle is on a nissan like I did for you. A mazda spindle is different and is not able to be machined like a nissans to accept the toyota hub/rotor. Wish it was would make things easier than redrilling.
creative concepts   +1y
i couldnt recollect everything you said that night we talked about the mazda's.. i thought i had but after i re=read what i wrote i knew something was wrong... thanks for clearing up the info for sure.

hows it going john? spindles are rolling flawlessly!
suckafree   +1y
Got a after conversion question! Afterwards do you run a offset like you would on a mazda or does it change to a toyota offset? Any reccomended offset?
Deuce   +1y
Re-drilling your Hubs is dangerous, i have pictures of hubs that have been redrilled and you loose 2 out of 6 brake rotor mounting bolts and 2 other mounting bolt threaded holes have a wall thickness of under 0.050"....

The Cheapest way to convert is to do the toyota conversion, or if enough people get together and bug me about mazda conversion i'll build a production run of my 5 bolts hubs with big brakes... if i get 5 people that are willing to pay up front for the bolt on conversions i will build a run of parts.... www.phattys.ca
Deuce   +1y
EMAIL ME OR CALL ME TO DICUSS 5 BOLT CONVERSIONS WITH BIG BRAKES...

phattys_fabs@shaw.ca
403-999-8602
www.phattys.ca
down2earthdawg   +1y
tony Im interested in your big break 5 lug conversions for the mazda Im going big hp motor and 5 lug chevy rear end so big breaks up front will help out a ton
Deuce   +1y
Call me and we can talk...