threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Trucks \  HELP! Need help setting up my rear end.

HELP! Need help setting up my rear end.

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 910
replies 20
following 6

dimotorsports   +1y
Please help.I am through installing my four link and am now ready to hang my bag brackets, but I am having a problem with the ride height. Currently I am using a triangulated 4 link (2 forward and 2 reverse), a monster notch, 2600 Contitech bags in an over the axle set up on my 89 B2200 std cab short bed. I plan to run a 17" wheel w/ 205/40's. The problems I am having are these:

Where should I set ride height in order to get the best ride?

What amount of air pressure will it take to acheive this height?

Should I just drop the frame to the ground and tack up the brackets with the bag fully collasped, or set ride height and weld in the brackets at this setting?

and

What problems will I encounter now that my pinion angle changes with the height or drop of the suspension due to the 4 link set up with 2 forward and 2 reverse (concerning bag stretching / twisting / etc.)?

Now here's the catch...The cab and bed are off the frame since this project is frame up, so pressures in the bag will increase to keep the same height once the weight of these items are applied.

My concern for all these questions is being able to lay frame after it's all tacked up. I'd hate to spend all this time setting it up one way only to find out I can't lay it out or the ride really sux.

Thanks for everything.
dimotorsports   +1y
RUSS D ?
bdroppeddak   +1y
flip those bars pointing backwards to the front, at whatever ride height you choose (a bag rides best about half inflated) your bars should be close to parallel with the ground, the lower maybe pointing upward little, then after the 4 link is in, lay the truck out, install the lower bracket level, then install the upper bracket 3" above that lower level also, make sure it is in line with the lower so the bag wont be distorted, thats about it.
impulse   +1y
Originally posted by bdroppeddak

flip those bars pointing backwards to the front,

im with this guy... there's no need for a forverse!
bdroppeddak   +1y
oh yea dont forget them shocks!!
dssur   +1y
it wouldnt do any good to give you heights or measurements, proper ride height depends on the locations of your bars. Without that information, its just a guess.

Trucks with bag over axle setups ride better with less air pressure, I rarely used more than 30 psi in my rear bags.

THe best way to insure you lay out is to bolt everything together, install the wheels, lay the truck out, and install the bag brackets with just a scootch more drop (so it doesnt ride like a square wheel when bottomed out). Dont forget the shocks, as cris said.
lostntheno   +1y
I’m in the same situation kinda
89 cab + w/ a tri 4 link and I’m lost on where to and how to land the lower bars to the frame
On the inside of the frame rail ? How ?
Am I missing parts from my kit then?
lostntheno   +1y
89 cab + w/ a tri 4 link and I’m lost on where to and how to land the lower bars to the frame
lostntheno   +1y
lostntheno   +1y