Mazda Trucks \  5lug Conversion

5lug Conversion

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 12319
replies 63
following 44

barnesbaby   +1y
Originally posted by trickedout13

what about a 5 lug conversion from a ranger? i have an 85 rear end laying around...does it mount right up or what?

Not sure about an 85 rear end, but I can tell you that a newer model (99) is wider and would have to be narrowed.

4evapmpn   +1y
'91 B2600i (2WD){people always ask for some reason}
Wanna go to 5 lugs front and rear for better rim selection.
Very little money in this current economy but can't bring myself to give up on this scene I adore so much so guys I'm looking for advice/help on making this conversion safely and correctly. And of course, I drive it daily.
Grateful for any answers. Thanks
SinistarCustoms   +1y

Im in the middle of doing mine right now. I bought the whole Toyota setup from my friends dad who owns a junkyard. Everything balljoints out. I told him I wanted the parts from an 84 he had. I realized today he gave me 83 or older parts. It actually worked out pretty good with the exception of the not as good brakes. All the dimensions are almost dead on with the mazda spindle. Even the mazda lower balljoint and tierod end work with it. Im using my mazda DJM dropped lower control arms and debating to modify the stock uppers or build new ones. Ive got it mocked up and its setup for a 26" diameter tire.

dirtycox   +1y

I got my hubs redrilled and I used volkswagon lug nuts "studs" that thread into the hub and it worked perfect. The rear drums I got redrilled and new studs put in and it cost me 150 bucks.

ShVdHoE   +1y
when i do 5-lug. i take a early model toyota rear axle and front spindle, balljoints, brakes, and tie rods. i do this couse the offset alows you do run big wheels and bodydrop.  if you ever have a problem new parts are at your local auto store.   it just so happens i have the setup. should anyone be interested freakprez@yahoo.com   YODA

chasepickard89   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by SinistarCustoms Im in the middle of doing mine right now. I bought the whole Toyota setup from my friends dad who owns a junkyard. Everything balljoints out. I told him I wanted the parts from an 84 he had. I realized today he gave me 83 or older parts. It actually worked out pretty good with the exception of the not as good brakes. All the dimensions are almost dead on with the mazda spindle. Even the mazda lower balljoint and tierod end work with it. Im using my mazda DJM dropped lower control arms and debating to modify the stock uppers or build new ones. Ive got it mocked up and its setup for a 26" diameter tire. --------------------------------------------- I just bought a 91' 2600i. I was just wondering how or where you got the DJM dropped lower control arms? I have lowered the rear end 3" and losened the torsion bars enough to lower 3" but I want to get everything lower without going to an Air Bag System yet. Wondering if you could help me out? Chase Pickard

94NissanLaysDoor   +1y
So what year toyota rear is everyone using with this 5 lug conversion.?
kaoss   +1y
Toyota Axle width: 73-78 ~ 53" 79-83 ~ 55" 84-88 ~ 57" 89-95 ~ 58.5" 95-04 ~ 60"   Thanks Seth.

4evapmpn   +1y
Thanks Jason, I yanked an 86 yota rearend(measures 57") from my buddy @ the local yard and opted for the mazda redrilled hubs from John (laynrocker)Because my driveshaft needs to be modified to fit @ both ends I have to bag the rear first to get proper measurements due to the range of motion. Question guys, when baggin the front, can i alleviate the torsion bars all together? If not how can i set them to layout and still get max lift(about 7")?Thanks for the help... "Draggin soon to a spot near you!" 
xefchopper   +1y

What do you have to do to the toyota rearend and/or the stock mazda driveshaft to make it work?