Page 2 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  engine stutter

engine stutter

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 2734
replies 16
following 4

lunchbox   +1y
i will double check but i think they are pre gapped at .040 and you can not re gap them with any precision. there is no real way to get a gapper or feeler gauge in between the four tips and the electrode.
phatboislim   +1y
bosch plugs are 4 suckers anyway lol. naw 4real though if you look in any import magazines you rarely see bosch used, you see more NGKs and thats what we rock in this forum too NGKs..you might wanna switch up..could be your plugs wires too, i did a tune up one time had 8mm and it stutter like a mofo, when i changed them out back at the parts store w/ some 7mm it rain much better..not sayin 8mm is not good, but that may be your problem too..
lunchbox   +1y
cool. i will try that too. i ran ngk's on my mazdaspeed, one step cooler than stock and it ran pretty good. i guess i should stick with what works.i am wondering if the vacuum advance on the distributer is screwed up too. i have a friend with some extra distributers, i think i will try to put one in.
phatboislim   +1y
yea try that and hopefully thatll resolve your problem
lunchbox   +1y
thanks for the info
oldsklminitrk   +1y

LOL you might rock them but Im rock Nology and Taylor and phatboi.....mine are gapped to .060.......there really aint nothing wrong with the Bosch really....there a good plug....honestly your not gonna notice what your plugs do anyway till you get some fire to them....a standard coil aint gonna do it....Update it if it is the ignitor and the coil,several of us have done it and have vastly improved the vehicles performance
phatboislim   +1y

lol im sorry lmao o shit, yea i know bosch are decent plugs but i think NGK has more respect than bosch in the long run, so I rock the NGKs. yea i agree w/ you on the difference on plugs, cuz you really cant tell unless you got something to make real good use for it.

anyways..let us know whats your result