Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  engine stutter

engine stutter

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 2724
replies 16
following 4

lunchbox   +1y
i have a 90 with a 22r and a four speed. my problem is this, when i am in top gear and let off the gas, and then get back on it my motor has a massive stutter. i was wondering if anyone else has this problem. i am going to rebuild the carb, hopefully that will fix my problem but, if anyone else has suggestions i am open to them. thanks.
Post was last edited on May 24, 2006 10:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
holcombe347   +1y
i have the same setup in my 88...i had a problem similar to that but it would do it when accelerating. my spark plugs had gone bad and weren't producing enough spark making the truck sputter really bad and sometimes die...i replaced the plugs, cap n rotor, and wires...it fixed the problem and runs fine.
lunchbox   +1y
i already replaced the plugs, wires cap, and rotor. still having the same problem. hopefully the rebuild will take care of it. thanks for the reply though.
Post was last edited on May 24, 2006 12:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Check your timing....it might be off some....or out of adjustment
lunchbox   +1y
i timed it not that long ago but there is no harm in checking it again. thank you
phatboislim   +1y
chk your fuel filter sounds familiar w/ what my truck did when i first got it
lunchbox   +1y
i replaced that too just a couple weeks ago, still doing it. it's really starting to drive me crazy.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Ok when you did the plugs what did you gap them at??....also check your ignitor /coil I know mine went out one time but it only would stop working at high idle so when ya reved it up it would sputter and at idle it was fine.Another thing to look at is the adjustment of the carb,and also it could be something as simple as a vaccum line
lunchbox   +1y
good idea about the coil. i will replace that next. they are bosch plat. plus 4's and are pre gapped at .040. i am going to rebuild and readjust the carb next. i don't have many vacuum lines left, but i know that the ones in there are all good. thanks
phatboislim   +1y
i thought the spark plug gap was suppose 2 b .032??