Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  problem with ignition system

problem with ignition system

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1653
replies 10
following 6

low yota   +1y
if im drivin my truck will jump like im getting ready to stall out if i put it in neutral drift for a second and then put it backin the gear i was in itll be fine well today it started doing this really bad i checked all connections with the coil and cap and spark plugs and nothing does anyone know what this could be plannin on getting new distributor cap wires and spark plugs next week when i get paid but it could be something else so i wasnt sure
johnny5   +1y
it may be a fuel problem
low yota   +1y
well i figured out what the problem is the carb wont keep gas in the bowl as fast as it needs it so i have to pulll over and let gas pump back in it it is a brand new fuel pump and filters to anyone know the solution?
phatboislim   +1y
i want to say like i said to other dude fuel filter change that and that sure cure some 'sicknesses' in ya yota
2pumpchump   +1y
It might be your fuel filter like phatboislim wrote, or it could be the float in your carb is set to not allow the proper amout of fuel in the bowl. The fuel filter easier to deal with, so you should start there. Hope this helps.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Now I have heard of the filter screen in the tank doing that.....might wanna pop that out and clean it up.
rubber ducky   +1y
sometimes the float in the carb bowl will stick to where it dosen't fall down enough to allow more gass to flow in. simple take off your carb and take apart and clean. just don't have any extra parts when u put it back together.
low yota   +1y
probelem fixed thanks phatboislim it was the 3rd fuel filter you told me about on aim the other day gas comin out of it was brown
rubber ducky   +1y
so how many filters are on it and where are they
low yota   +1y
well i have 3 but a normal 84-88 yota has one in tank and one under the bed my other is an in line filter to my carb