Page 5 of 10
Yota Lowering \  a arms

a arms

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 7185
replies 97
following 20

lilheed   +1y
i would say go with the custom cross shafts cause if your trying to make a nicer set of arms and they are already going to be a bit pricey u might at well go all the way. go big or not at all
skip   +1y
ya i like the custom cross shafts. they look way better IMO. well worth the extra coin!
holcombe347   +1y
what would the custom cross shafts look like? i wouldnt be apposed to re-using my stocks ones. i guess it all comes down to cost... how much more for the custom cross shafts versus the stock ones. i would be happy just painting my stock ones but if the price is just a little more i would just get the custom ones.
twisted minis   +1y
Probably a difference of between $50 and $100.
stellar   +1y
+1 for machined cross shaft! That way people without stock shafts are catered for, and I reckon they look better too. I'm in the market for uppers and lowers Seth. Couple of questions though.

1. How long are Yota lowers from the pivot point to the centre of the balljoint? I'm building a frame soon around the front end that is 1115mm from wheel mounting face to wheel mounting face (hub to hub)(It's all jigged up). Yes it's rediculously narrow but it's not for a Yota, just based on Yota parts.

2. Are the Yota balljoints compatible with Mustang II spindles? I'm leaning towards these spindles. If not would you offer me ones that are compatible with Mustang II please?

3. Will your lowers be using screw-in balljoints?

Anyway hit me back with the verdict man. I'd be keen to purchase quality Twisted Mini's uppers and lowers when they become available.

Sorry bout all the questions, just sussin' stuff out. These questions run round and round in my head all day!
twisted minis   +1y
Well I am going to get some cross shafts drawn up and get a quote on them then. If I buy in bulk it will be cheaper, so I will probably try to order about 20 pieces to start.

To answer your questions:

1. They will be stock dimensions. They are meant to literally bolt directly onto a stock frame without modifying anything, removing anything, or busting out a torch. Just bolt it on and weld on a gusset.

2. They will come with Screw-In ball joints that are compatible with Toyota and Mustang II spindles.

3. Yes.

I still need to acquire some parts to make the final product though.
stellar   +1y
Hey thanks Seth.

I'll just keep an eye on this thread for when your ready to get a few sets moving then, yeah. Would you ship to Australia?

And sorry I was just asking how long lowers were because I don't have any stock lowers. I understand how they work, but thanks for all the info.

Thanks.
twisted minis   +1y
I can measure the stock ones for you. I will ship to Australia, but I am not sure how much it will run.
stellar   +1y
Sweet.

Yeah as long as their no longer than about 15.5" (which I doubt they would be) they'll be perfect.

I've got about 33.5" between the centre of the lower balljoint holes in the knuckles. That's with 1980 yota spindles and hubs BUT I am gonna run Mustang II Spindles and willwood hubs which are gonna be way different. They're just in my jig to give me a rough idea.

Please check your pm's too Seth. Thanks.
slammedtoys   +1y
what other parts you need to help you with this Seth? I bought new uppers for my truck... are you needing factory uppers or cross shafts or something?