Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  tortion bar index

tortion bar index

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 865
replies 7
following 7

megaglow_z   +1y
Alright, I have my 3 inch blocks and will be yanking the middle leaf out.

Up front question.
I want to drop about 4 inches....
Do I need to reindex the bars for this?
If i do, Does this sound about right....Take bars out, re-index 3 splines, reinstall. cut front bumps in half
And is it 3 or 4 full turns of adjustment each inch of drop you want?

please know that all i will be doing with this truck is going to sonic and the occasional mini show here locally. not my daily so i don't really care how it rides ATM...lol
Bags will be in its future....but i need more tools, $$, and knowledge before that happens.

And is it drivers side clockwise and the pass counter on the indexing?
Post was last edited on Jul 01, 2008 02:07. This post has been edited 2 times.
smorrison1   +1y
im not sure on which direction to turn it, its been awhile since i did mine, but you dont need to re-index them, camber will be pretty narly tho.
slammedtoys   +1y
the bolt facing the ground needs to turn counter clockwise. You need something to hold the bolt up top still. I think its a 15/16 or a 7/8 cant remember for sure. anyways the easest thing to do is throw you truck on some jack stands and have at it. You have to turn it quite a bit to get an inch of travel. I measured the center of the curve of my wheel well to the ground to figure my height. Also you are going to want to drive it for a few days and remeasure. When the suspension settles it will go lower. Here is a pic of my truck with only the torsions turned and the bumps out. I have very very little camber. Rides rough but fack it!

smorrison1   +1y
here is mine cranked down with stock wheels:

thread post photo
vegasyota94   +1y
take em out. lol
smctoy   +1y
Your going in the right direction, but I call it reseting the torsion bars. Jack the truck & put on jack stands up to get all the weight off the wheels. After you do that remove the torsion bar bolts...when youve done that pull/prie the torsion bar down some & remove the arm that the bolt was running through. Take the arm off the bar & turn it up so that it doesnt hang as low, it will almost look like factory when you put the arm back on the bar. Then take the bolt, run it up through the arm like it was before & tighten it. This way youll still have the torsion bars in & it will be low. Oh & dont forget to remove or cut down the factory bump stops too.
framescr8pintoy   +1y
^-------what smc said.
crazycracker   +1y
I need some advice, I am raising my 87 B2600 about 3 inches. From previous threads it seems that each spline is worth around 1 or 1.5 inches, so I went 2 splines over and then went to put the bolts back at the same depth that they were before (marked them with paint before making adjustment). On the passenger side I got within about 6 or 7 threads of the original bolt height, and the truck is now 3 inches higher and seems very firm when I push down on the fender. I think this is pretty much what I am after. On the driver side however, I can't get the bolt all the way up to where it used to be, not even close. I have at least an inch to go and its so difficult to turn the bolt that I am actually afraid to turn it any more lest it snap off. When I set the truck off the jackstands, the driver side is about 1 inch lower than the passenger side and feels a little softer when I push the fender down. So I do not think that the torsion bar itself is over tightened, I can't figure out why the bolt is so hard to turn. It started easily and had no problem tightening it for the first inch or so. Any suggestions or tips? I am pretty sure I did 2 splines, now with this problem cropping up I am second guessing myself that I might have mistakenly gone 3 splines, but then shouldn't that have made the truck higher and firmer if that was the case?
Page 1 of 1