Page 4 of 5
Yota Exterior \  4runner swap?

4runner swap?

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 4450
replies 40
following 9

cnudrln   +1y

ok man if you look at my second set of pics on page 2. go to the second pic. look for the screw with the really big washer at the top of the light. now look at the very top line of the grille thats the only thing i had to trim off the grille
cnudrln   +1y

sorry bro i actually traded it for all this 4runner stuff.
the_general0626   +1y
quick question... did ur horn have t be removed at all cuz my horn is in the way
cnudrln   +1y
actually i took mine off along time ago and didnt care for it so i threw it away. so i cant help you out on that one?
the_general0626   +1y
alright cuz when i tried to fit mine, my horn was in the way. also do u think self tapering screws with washers would work instead of bolts and nuts... or did u somehow get the bolts to go in without a nut?

(haha go in without a nut)
cnudrln   +1y
the bolt with the really big washer went into the stock location which is a nut. the others i just drilled a new hole and used a bolt with nut. as i always do. i cant stand the thought of driving or dragging down the road and worrying if something is going to come loose or even fall out/off. i use bolts with nyloc nuts on just about everything
the_general0626   +1y
nyloc?
biggin   +1y
ok i can understand drilling new holes for the headlights to mount. but what about the grill shell? im what did you do to make the tabs mount to the core support? if you wouldnt mind taking some pics of that for me it would be much appreciated.
cnudrln   +1y
i didnt do anything to make them fit (grille tabs) i used all the stock ones except for the passenger side at the headlight. if you look at the pics ive posted it shows you which one i didnt use! and the nyloc nuts have that plastic inside the nut that keeps it from backing off. you can get them at any hardware store and any auto parts store. ill take more pics later today.
the_general0626   +1y
how long were the bolts did u use? im thinkin u needed wut at least an inch and a half?