Page 3 of 5
Yota Exterior \  4runner swap?

4runner swap?

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 4451
replies 40
following 9

cnudrln   +1y
for the 4runner headlights this is 1 new hole i had to drill. drivers side at the fender.
thread post photo

top of drivers side headlight. 1 new hole and used the stock adjusting screw hole.
thread post photo

this is the ONLY stock clip that i wasnt able to use. on pass side.
thread post photo

both headlights and grille mounted.
thread post photo
the_general0626   +1y
damn!!!! did u cut anything off ur core? and for those screws for the headlights, did u use self tapering ones or no?
cnudrln   +1y
nope. zero cutting or mods to stock core support. in the second pic the screw with the really big washer went in the stock adjusting hole. the other screw i just drilled a hole and ran a bolt in it. also the only trimming i had to do on the grille was in the second pic where the screw with really big washer was.
the_general0626   +1y
wut r u gonna end up doing about the corner light?
cnudrln   +1y
i placed my stock one in and has a 1/4" gap between it and the headlight so i might make some kind of filler plate or something. to busy trying to get it running for layd out at the park next weekend.
the_general0626   +1y
that would make it look clean... or u could even mold an extension to the corners with bondo or w/e material the use. just an idea
phatboislim   +1y
wow @ bondo comment

i'm trying to figure out what on teh grille itself is being trimmed, i always thought it was the end part that was always trimmed, if so, then, why trim if its going to leave a gap between the grill and parking light?
the_general0626   +1y
i think hes trying to fill the gap between his parking lights andd his grill. the 4runner grill doesnt line up with 2wd corners so hes trying to fill the gap that was left. 4runner corners connect to the grill, thats y they sit flush. i was jus suggesting bondo to create an extension to the corners just enough that it fills the gap. both are pretty much plastic, so wut r u going to do, melt them together?
phatboislim   +1y

i know that much, i'm asking what part of the grill had to be trimmed...
slammed   +1y
I want your phantom grill, bring it to LOATP and I will bring you some cash