Page 1 of 5
Yota Exterior \  4runner swap?

4runner swap?

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 4444
replies 40
following 9

cnudrln   +1y
hey guys i got a 93 yota and am wanting to swap out the headlights, grille, and bumper. i know the bumper is an exact bolt on but the rest do i have to change the entire front radiator support? or just trim mine out for the new headlights? thanks guys
kdcgrohl   +1y
you can trim, or a better solution would be to use a runner core support.
cnudrln   +1y
thats what im thinking of doing is using the core support but the problem is im trading with a friend. im getting his 4runner front clip and hes getting my phantom grille.
slammed   +1y
dont bother with a 4runner core support. you just have to trim the lip on the top of the core support and drill a couple holes for the headlights. it couldnt be easier to make the 4runner front work with the 2wd core support.
cnudrln   +1y
thanks slammed
f n lo   +1y
i was also wondering this, i tryed to bol on my 95+forerunner bumper and it wasn direct, i have to make new brackets for it, and as for the grille i had troubles getting it to fit for some reason..none of the holes matched up with the old grilles holes, and my headlights wouldnt fit at all.... help?? anyone knoe of a site with pics of this proceudure??
slammed   +1y
I wish I would have done a tech article when I did my swap. I found the center of the bumper and the center of the grill. and started by figureing out what needed to be trimmer/drilled to make the grill fit properly. Then once that was taken care of I rested each headlight inside the girll and held it up there so see what needed to be trimmed/drilled to make them fit properly. I had maybe an hour or so in making everything fit and function.
f n lo   +1y
wow, everyone says that but when i started triming and shit it did start ti fit but then i wasnt sure how to mount the grile, because the stock holes dont fit the forerunner holes, im thinking of just buying a forerunner and taking the front and rear bumpers, grille headlights core support sunroof, might just be worth the money for me....
n2bnlow   +1y
There's a extension piece that goes between the grille and where it mounts to the core support. With the stock 4Runner clips in location and the extension pieces in place, mine bolted right up. No problems at all. You got those black or grey extensions?
slammed   +1y
The corner lights will hold the grill in place. The slide on the end of the grill, and then screw to the fender and holds the grill.