Page 1 of 2
Yota Audio Video \  bucket seats

bucket seats

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 1544
replies 16
following 10

nismorgan   +1y
hey, im gonna install bucket seats out of a nissan 240sx sometime in the very near future, im just looking out to see if there are any tips on putting em in, or anything i should look out for when gettin rid of the horrendous bench in there
slammedtoys   +1y
never done it before but here would be my tip. take the carpet out and figure out where you want to mount your seats. Then look below the cab to make sure your not going to fack anything up and drill your holes. Then take a nut and tack it in on the underside of the cab so you have a place to send your bolt through
lilheed   +1y
when i put s10 seats in mine i used the tracks from the bench seat. i used two sets of tracks tho
smctoy   +1y
I took the carpet out of my truck when I installed the Scion TC seats in my truck. It made it so much easier to do lol. All I had to do was basically drill new holes in my floor. I had to use large washers as spacers on the rear factory brackets to get the rear of the seats level, but other than that they went in easy. I think it took me longer to get the seats level & make sure that they were where I wanted them!
l o w n l o u d   +1y
the last pair of buckets I put in my 84 4x4 Toy, I debated on the washer dealio, but then I brainstormed cutting some sch 40 black iron to exact lengths once I spaced with washers ( for measurement ) and then swapped the pipe in, I think they were 7/8" but I cant remember. It was easier than switching frames, plus these seat frames were spot welded and I didnt wanna go thru all the hassle and cut the spot welds out, so I compromised . . .
nismorgan   +1y
about the carpet...i have the vinyl carpet, and it dosnt seem like it comes up easy. I am prolly gonna run some really large washers on the upper and lower mounts of the seat tracks...im a big dude, i dont want these rippin holes in my floor if i shift hard lol. when you said getting it level...i take it its not flat under there, that kinda sucks. but thanks for all the help guys, im getting the seats hopefully this weekend, and they match my ugly grey interior lol.
nvrenufedge   +1y
So...I just picked up some buckets yesterday for free (can't beat that), and in great condition, too. But what I'm understanding is there are no holes, so I'm gonna have to make my own? And, my other question is, will 4Runner sliders work pretty well with the contour of the floor?
nismorgan   +1y
I installed some 240sx seats in my truck a little while ago, and they are lower and further back so the stock seat belt doesn't work that great. does anybody know how i can hook up a 4 or 5 point harness on these, i have the standard cab. I was thinking maybe welding some brackets to the rear of the cab and then clipping in the harness. the sides are going to be easy, drill holes and make brackets, then bolt em right in.
yodaforce   +1y
Just a thaught for all of you running anything other than factory seats in the factory holes..... Most car manufacturers have plates under the body for the seat bolts to thread through, and the reason for these is so that in case of a bad collision, the seat won't rip up through the floor and allow your body to fly around tied down by a seat belt and the seat smashing your bones. I ALWAYS drill the new mounting holes, and then tack in a plate (only about 2"x4") with a hole and my new nut tacked over the hole for the new mounting bolts. I have seen many collisions where the seats have come lose and ended up in the back seat upside down, but usually they are covered in blood.
l o w n l o u d   +1y
great advice & a bad mental picture, but, great info to consider, one of the few things that should never be rigged, the seatbelts and the seats, and I make it a point to make sure all the exits work jus in case . . .